Paying more for a kioti

/ Paying more for a kioti #1  

Engineer90

Tractor
None at the moment
Ok so first post of any kind on any forum, so take it easy. In the market for my first tractor. Not really new to tractors just first one that I will personally own. I only have 2 acres but it is in very bad shape as far as drainage goes. I have priced the 2 tractors I am looking at.

Kubota l2501 hst with loader, bucket, cruise, tank of fuel, and delivered for $18000 plus can get a box blade for an extra $200.

Kioti ck2610 hst with loader, bucket, floor mats, for 18700 plus 500 for box blade.

Seems the kubota is the obvious winner here but I hate several things about it. The kioti I absolutely love. It is very comfy as far as seat position and foot and loader controls. I've been looking and everyone has said the kioti was cheaper but I guess since the recent price increase this is no longer true.. my dealer was shocked that he got beat by kubota also.

Now it's time for the question. Should I pay more for a tractor that I like more even though I've only known they exist for 5 days? There is no doubt we know kubota is a good brand. But I'm still worried about kioti being reliable. My local dealer said the ck series has been almost trouble free since he has been selling them.

Any advice by someone with more experience with these brands and series.. My family only has John Deere and they are no where near my price range.

Thanks for the help..

/ Paying more for a kioti #2  
Either/Or.

I spend 300 engine hours per year on a tractor.

Between Kubota and Kioti I would buy the tractor with the most comfortable operating station, with a STABLE dealer within twenty miles.

Check the weight on the Box Blades being offered. Box Blades under 100 pounds per foot of width tend to ride over the ground, rather than cut. A Box Blade is the most common implement used for Three Point Hitch counterbalance to max FEL lifts. Make sure you buy at least a 400 pound Box Blade, preferably 500 pound Box Blade.

You will not have any difficulty lifting DRY sand or DRY dirt with a lighter Box Blade, but when you need to lift wet material, equipment, or move green wood, examples of max lifts, you need adequate ballast on the Three Point Hitch or the rear wheels will lift off the ground.

Both tractors are 2,700 pounds, bare tractor. Ample for working two acres.

Last edited:
   / Paying more for a kioti #3  
..Seems the kubota is the obvious winner here but I hate several things about it. The kioti I absolutely love

I think you've answered your own question. Things you hate now, you'll hate more later. You will be happy with the Kioti for years to come.

/ Paying more for a kioti #4  
I think you've answered your own question. Things you hate now, you'll hate more later. You will be happy with the Kioti for years to come.

Agree. You've made your decision, that amount of money on a new tractor isn't worth second guessing yourself. Did you go back to dealer and ask to get closer to Kubota price to seal the deal? In any event, enjoy the Kioti!

/ Paying more for a kioti #5  
Ok so first post of any kind on any forum, so take it easy. In the market for my first tractor. Not really new to tractors just first one that I will personally own. I only have 2 acres but it is in very bad shape as far as drainage goes. I have priced the 2 tractors I am looking at.

Kubota l2501 hst with loader, bucket, cruise, tank of fuel, and delivered for $18000 plus can get a box blade for an extra $200.

Kioti ck2610 hst with loader, bucket, floor mats, for 18700 plus 500 for box blade.

Seems the kubota is the obvious winner here but I hate several things about it. The kioti I absolutely love. It is very comfy as far as seat position and foot and loader controls. I've been looking and everyone has said the kioti was cheaper but I guess since the recent price increase this is no longer true.. my dealer was shocked that he got beat by kubota also.

Now it's time for the question. Should I pay more for a tractor that I like more even though I've only known they exist for 5 days? There is no doubt we know kubota is a good brand. But I'm still worried about kioti being reliable. My local dealer said the ck series has been almost trouble free since he has been selling them.

Any advice by someone with more experience with these brands and series.. My family only has John Deere and they are no where near my price range.

Thanks for the help..

Can’t go wrong with either but sounds like you really like the Kioti. Don’t worry so much about the brand perception, they have been around for a long time. Kubota has a ton of dealers, that’s why a lot of people have them. I drove 2 hours, past at least 3 Kubota dealers to pickup my Kioti.

/ Paying more for a kioti
Agree. You've made your decision, that amount of money on a new tractor isn't worth second guessing yourself. Did you go back to dealer and ask to get closer to Kubota price to seal the deal? In any event, enjoy the Kioti!

Ok its gonna take some time to figure out multiple quote replies.

I went back to both dealers today, one reason was to look at the kubota again to see if I still hated it ( I do ), did not even talk to the sales person because it's a big place and didn't feel like waiting. And then I went to kioti dealer to talk about the kubota price because he said they have never been lower before. He showed me the paper where he figured the price out and how much he was gonna make on it. Didn't try to really talk him down much because he is already not making much. But while I was there I noticed that his service would probably be better than the big kubota dealer, it's just him, his dad, and maybe 2 employees. But as i was about the leave he had told me that there was gonna be a new rural king dealer coming to my town ( his store is 5 minutes from work but 35 minutes from the house) so now i have to start looking a rural king tractors.

/ Paying more for a kioti #7  
In the market for my first tractor. Not really new to tractors just first one that I will own.

Now, The Question. Should I pay more for a tractor that I like more even though I've only known they exist for 5 days? There is no doubt we know kubota is a good brand. But I'm still worried about kioti being reliable.

Rural King/TYM purchase would be a crap shoot, in my opinion, especially for a first time tractor owner.

Rural King is not going to have experienced tractor mechanics. And every new tractor arrives with glitches.

I consider Kubota standard models and Kioti equivalent. TYM is not equivalent.

Your hard earned money, not mine.

/ Paying more for a kioti
Rural King/TYM purchase would be somewhat of a crap shoot, in my opinion, especially for a first time tractor owner.

Rural King is not going to have experienced tractor mechanics. And every new tractor arrives with glitches.

My quick search earlier gave me the same feeling about them.. price seems good but after paying the interest on loan ( kubota and kioti are both 0% interest) you end up paying less for the kubota or kioti plus I'm sure service wouldn't be great as you said.

/ Paying more for a kioti #9  
For most new to tractors a quality dealer, reasonably close, available for coaching, is important. Almost every new tractor is delivered with a minor glitch or two that requires correction. My Kubota dealer is six miles away. I feel my local dealer continues to add value to my equipment. Dealer proximity is less important to others, well experienced with tractors, who perform their own maintenance.

/ Paying more for a kioti #10  
Rural King/TYM purchase would be a crap shoot, in my opinion, especially for a first time tractor owner.

I consider Kubota standard models and Kioti equivalent. TYM is not equivalent.

+1 TYM is not equivalent.