Paying more for a kioti

/ Paying more for a kioti #21  
My quick search earlier gave me the same feeling about them.. price seems good but after paying the interest on loan ( kubota and kioti are both 0% interest) you end up paying less for the kubota or kioti plus I'm sure service wouldn't be great as you said.

HERE is where your disconnect is - how the finance arm of each defines 0%. IF you were to go back to your Kioti dealer and ask for the cash price, you would most likely find the Kioti costs a little less. Kitoti current finance deal of 0% to 72 months is just prepaying interest in the purchase price, buying down the loan simple way to look at it. If Kubota finance is true 0% loan (free money) that's how you're seeing total cost skewed that way. I could be wrong and am seeing the small Kubota package deals advertised here at a real nice price so could be other incentives in play right now too. But when I compared slightly larger L3901 with CK3510 I was surprised to find out how close in price the "premium brand" Kubota was since I was expecting a huge difference with the "value brand" Kioti. But after getting more into numbers and then comparing cash prices, the price gap started showing up. Implements come into play as well with Kubota since 2 attachments (loader counts as 1 for Kubota) that's more rebate. Not all Kioti dealers sell Kitoti brand attachments (so can't offer) and Kioti doesn't count the loader as 1 either.

However, if you could write a check - or use some other form of very low interest loan like HEL - you might find the Kioti ahead on price overall. My rough math from the quotes I got were pretty much difference in Kioti cash price vs 0% price was the cost of about a 6.4% loan over 5 yrs.

Either way, for a few hundred $ either way, I would get the one with the features/specs/feel I liked more if there was a noticeable difference to me. I would be upset every time I hit a hard bump, couldn't lift something, spun the wheels, developed a problem, etc - would continually gripe to myself "for $5/month I wouldn't have this issue" (whether true or not, would be the perception from compromising initially).

/ Paying more for a kioti
HERE is where your disconnect is - how the finance arm of each defines 0%. IF you were to go back to your Kioti dealer and ask for the cash price, you would most likely find the Kioti costs a little less. Kitoti current finance deal of 0% to 72 months is just prepaying interest in the purchase price, buying down the loan simple way to look at it. If Kubota finance is true 0% loan (free money) that's how you're seeing total cost skewed that way. I could be wrong and am seeing the small Kubota package deals advertised here at a real nice price so could be other incentives in play right now too. But when I compared slightly larger L3901 with CK3510 I was surprised to find out how close in price the "premium brand" Kubota was since I was expecting a huge difference with the "value brand" Kioti. But after getting more into numbers and then comparing cash prices, the price gap started showing up. Implements come into play as well with Kubota since 2 attachments (loader counts as 1 for Kubota) that's more rebate. Not all Kioti dealers sell Kitoti brand attachments (so can't offer) and Kioti doesn't count the loader as 1 either.

However, if you could write a check - or use some other form of very low interest loan like HEL - you might find the Kioti ahead on price overall. My rough math from the quotes I got were pretty much difference in Kioti cash price vs 0% price was the cost of about a 6.4% loan over 5 yrs.

Either way, for a few hundred $ either way, I would get the one with the features/specs/feel I liked more if there was a noticeable difference to me. I would be upset every time I hit a hard bump, couldn't lift something, spun the wheels, developed a problem, etc - would continually gripe to myself "for $5/month I wouldn't have this issue" (whether true or not, would be the perception from compromising initially).

Kioti price is 17300 cash. Kubota I didn't ask for cash price as I don't think I have a way to get a loan another way.

/ Paying more for a kioti #23  
Definitely have to look at it that way if financing - and look at whole picture with insurance options added into payment as well.

Other thing to compare if you hadn't between the two is make sure they are spec'ed the same way if some things matter to you. In my comparisons, the Kioti came standard or included free: loaded rear tires, SSQA bucket, industrial tires (all things I want). Those were all very small upcharges for Kubota, but had to tell Kubota dealers that's what I wanted to get accurate quote. If you want ag tires or don't care if it has a pin on bucket that doesn't matter. Just make sure when getting quotes that you really do have apples:apples and good out the door prices from both brands. No surprises at signing time.....

My experience so far seems similar to yours though. I started with Kubota and was pleasantly surprised by the lower than expected price tags. But once I got on the machines - L vs CK - there were things I preferred in each. But overall the CK just felt like it fit me better when sitting in the seat and operating it.

Since I'm more than happy to imagine spending other people's money....I didn't look at CK2610, but does it come in SE model too like the larger CK? For a CK3510 for example, the price difference going up to a SE wasn't a huge increase but seemed like an awful lot of nice to have upgrades and well worth it. So if CK2610 HST also has a SE variant, might be worth investigating that as well.

/ Paying more for a kioti
Definitely have to look at it that way if financing - and look at whole picture with insurance options added into payment as well.

Other thing to compare if you hadn't between the two is make sure they are spec'ed the same way if some things matter to you. In my comparisons, the Kioti came standard or included free: loaded rear tires, SSQA bucket, industrial tires (all things I want). Those were all very small upcharges for Kubota, but had to tell Kubota dealers that's what I wanted to get accurate quote. If you want ag tires or don't care if it has a pin on bucket that doesn't matter. Just make sure when getting quotes that you really do have apples:apples and good out the door prices from both brands. No surprises at signing time.....

My experience so far seems similar to yours though. I started with Kubota and was pleasantly surprised by the lower than expected price tags. But once I got on the machines - L vs CK - there were things I preferred in each. But overall the CK just felt like it fit me better when sitting in the seat and operating it.

Since I'm more than happy to imagine spending other people's money....I didn't look at CK2610, but does it come in SE model too like the larger CK? For a CK3510 for example, the price difference going up to a SE wasn't a huge increase but seemed like an awful lot of nice to have upgrades and well worth it. So if CK2610 HST also has a SE variant, might be worth investigating that as well.

Both models had similar options. Same loader and buckets l2501 came with cruise( to help with the awful pedal design) and kioti came with floor mats. Those are the only 2 options that are different.
I think I have pretty much made up my mind to go with the kioti. As soon as I close on the house I'm selling I will be going and getting it.

/ Paying more for a kioti #25  
I also drove past two Kubota dealers to buy my Kioti. I can sit on my little tractor all day and not be strained or exhausted because of the way it fits my frame. One thing you should look at is getting your attachments from somewhere other than the dealer. I would still get the Kioti/Kubota loader but just about anything else that fits on the 3-point can be purchased elsewhere cheaper. Ask for prices with just the tractor and loader and compare them. Then shop your blades, mowers, etc. elsewhere.

/ Paying more for a kioti #26  
Back when I last purchased I found a huge discrepancy in price from some dealers. When I say huge I mean almost enough to cover the cost of a backhoe. This wasn't specific to just one brand of tractor and all those with higher prices claimed to not be making much and were willing to show me costs. My point being call around and get some comparable prices to be sure.

I also looked hard at Kubota and could not get myself past certain things I didn't like one being the dreaded treadle pedal and the other my comfort while operating the machine. Now for me the price difference worked in my favor at the time and the Kioti was less but if the case had been the same as yours and the Kioti was a few hundred more I would have still purchased the Kioti. In fact the other tractors at the time like LS, TYM, Branson were all offered to me at a lower cost than the Kioti and I still purchased the Kioti because it was the machine that best fit my overall needs, with a great build, quality and the comfort was there.

Like others have noted be sure both tractors have the same options when comparing the price because those options are well worth it in the long run and can be very confusing when bouncing back and forth from one dealer to the other.

I am also not the type to add attachments onto the tractor purchase except for the loader and backhoe and have never been able to purchase a 3 point attachment for less with the purchase of a tractor as I could searching it out from an other shop so I don't look at them during the sale anymore. If the dealer wants to keep me as a customer he will price anything I want for the tractor after the sale at a fair competitive price also or loose repeat business.

/ Paying more for a kioti #27  
Kubota makes a good tractor and they have a strong dealer network. Kioti seems to be coming on strong also. If you don't like the Kubota, you actually said you hate it, I'd either look at another model or just get the Kioti. Seems like an easy decision to me.

/ Paying more for a kioti #28  
Go 30-40 miles east to Thomas Graham's in Greensburg and look at the TYM's.
Call them this past Mon and they went out of their way to get me the part on Tus.

/ Paying more for a kioti #29  
I'm an admitted Kubota snob; yet $700 is a drop in the bucket for something which you will probably have for 15-20 years. You will spend more than that on diesel... or perhaps not, if you don't like what you're buying .
Why even consider buying something which in your words "...I hate several things about it. The kioti I absolutely love..."

Last edited:
   / Paying more for a kioti #30  
I didn't look at CK2610, but does it come in SE model too like the larger CK? For a CK3510 for example, the price difference going up to a SE wasn't a huge increase but seemed like an awful lot of nice to have upgrades and well worth it. So if CK2610 HST also has a SE variant, might be worth investigating that as well.

The CK2610 does not currently come in an SE package. But would sell like hot cakes if it did. Im working on making mine about the same as that package to some extent. Ill probably finish it about the time they come out with one! LOL...