Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths?

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #21  
"A different league is a pretty fair statement in this case. These tractors are for the most part the size of a compact, but have 3-4 times the horsepower."

And they are specialized for orchard work ? Are they CUT's ? I thought 40 HP was pretty much the upper limit for CUT's. Hmm over 40 and specialized......

Ben

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #22  
If or when I ever get another tractor, there is a very high chance that I will own a MF 3400 series. I need a small size tractor with big horsepower.

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #23  
The 3000 series now has a Same drive train fitted with a Perkins engine, (maybe Sisu in the future??) the earlier models 300 series were Landini
Chuck M

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #24  
OMG... I wish I would have known about Landini. I would have been all over the Mistral 40 or even the 45.

Keyboard not working just right.. might be the drool in it.

Not much bigger than my CK20 but about in the HP range that I find myself needing quite regularly.

Getut

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #25  
They look impressive. They look expensive too!

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #26  
I've never known too much power to be actually bad. Using the power successfully can be problematic but problematic and bad are two different things. Too little power nearly always ends up leaning toward the bad side.

I would have gladly paid for this if I had known they existed. That is assuming that the Mistrals can be had with a FEL. I couldn't find one on the site.

Getut

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #27  
Would these small high HP tractors raise our insurance? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just kidding of course. But for pulling you can have 500hp but if you don't have the weight for the traction hp does not help. Same with Large roll balers, you need the PTO HP for the baler, but if you don't have the weight for pulling and stability, they can actually be dangerous on slopes.

btw I do like MORE POWER!!! But I like to be able to use it too.
I like balance....

Ben

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #28  
I like to be in control of my own destiny. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I have enough horsepower to wind the whole tractor around the rear wheels and I do it, then shame on me. But in my case, I have a little 4 inch deep ditch that runs beside my driveway... if I don't carry momentum, I can't get through it in high range even when I'm not towing or carrying anything. Most of you will say.. go to low range I know.. but this little ditch is not much more than a speed bump turned upside down. I pulled my subsoiler and the tractor would stall on pinky finger sized roots and never even come close to spinning a tire. No other brand did significantly better in my tests either.

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #29  
GetUT,
My tractor weight over 6,000 lbs as outfitted has a 40 HP gas engine and unless above the 4 lowest gears it will always spin before stall, even when digging in a dirtpile at 1000 rpm.
Part of your problem might be small diameter tires, the larger the tire the more traction and the better it goes over obstacles. Sorry to hear that about the CK20 Kioti I was close to buying one before I found my old used IH. Looking back I am sure glad I bought bigger. otherwise I might have wound up having to buy 2 tractors, boy that would be a shame /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a little 4 inch deep ditch that runs beside my driveway... if I don't carry momentum, I can't get through it in high range even when I'm not towing or carrying anything. )</font>

What kind of tractor you got that won't drive over a bump/hole? ( snapper? )

Soundguy