Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths?

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #11  
Ok.. so.. if I read this right, looks like those tractors are specced for their specific duties.. and need the high pto hp, but not as much weight. Sounds great if that is what a vineyard needs.. but for the regular american market.. that might need ground engaging implements.. I think I might look at a tractor with a different weight to hp ratio.

Soundguy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Chris,
Antonio Carraro tractors are dedicated orchad/vineyard tractors. And they are one of, if not best in their field.
Philosophy of use define weight/power ratio.
When in US ground engaging implements need heavy tractors for pull, tractors in Europe must have big hp for PTO driven implements.

If I remember good, Antonio Carraro made first tractor with BOTH transmission (geared and HST) in one tractor.
)</font>

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #12  
colestin
Antonio Carraro tractors are specialized tractors and Landini has a number of specilized tractors as well. Landini does have a line of compacts, not bad machines. I think Landini is also the parent company to McCormack and I thought their compacts are the Landinis only in red.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #13  
If they are so good, then why don't I see any dealers in my area or even a dedicated forum for them here on TBN. I mean I am not saying anything bad about them because I can't make a comment on them because I just don't know. Never seen one /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #14  
They are not widely used except for orchard and vineyard. That is why you don't see a lot of them. They are just starting to be seen in my area for use in poultry houses.

BTW the MF 3400 series is one of these tractors and they weigh about 4000 pounds with 57 to 88 PTO horsepower.

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #15  
57-88 hp...that might explain why they are not discussed on here, they are not compact tractors.

Ben

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #16  
They are sized as compact tractors, but have bigger, more poWerfull engines...and belongs to price class of "big brothers" /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #17  
Vineyards and Orchards are a very big thing in the US. New Holland has a couple different lines of tractors just for this market there is the TN-F, TN-V and the TK all that deal with vineyard and orchard work. John Deere has the 5000n series for vineyards and orchards and I know they both sell a lot of these tractors. Grape vineyards are a big thing in California, New York, Michigan and Washington as well as a couple other states with the right conditions. In my immediate area I see more vineyard tractors then I see field tractors (especially now with harvest going on).

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #18  
Some of the New Holland tractors are or were Fiat based. The New Holland TN and TL were Fiats as were the first Ford/New Holland Vineyard tractors.

/ Fact vs. Fiction. Tractor Myths? #19  
What size/type tractor are you looking for? Landini is a lot like any other company (actually compare close to New Holland) with the product line they offer. The Carraros have a great reputation but not a lot of dealers in the states. I am assuming since you have a dealer you must live in Washington or another vineyard state as Washington is the only state I know of so far with a Carraro dealer. I don't see much wrong with Itailian tractors as they are like any other line of tractors. Some are good, some are not as good so look at the Landini and Carraro brands like you would the big three and go from there.

You know what just struck me as funny, in compact tractors the big three is Case-New Holland, John Deere and Kubota. In ag tractors the big three is Case-New Holland, John Deere and Agco. Both markets still have an orange tractor in the big three /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif