Tractor Supply Company

/ Tractor Supply Company #11  
dbarne20,

Welcome. This is a great site for helping city guys keep their pants UP!. Lots of great info on just about anything "country".

As to TSC, we have two within driving distance, but I usually make the drive to Carrollton, Ga when I want to visit. I'm sorry to hear from others that their TSC's sometimes aren't staffed by very good people. The one in Carrollton though, is really top notch. Sure there are teenagers working there, but the 'senior' staff are almost all working farmers or people who have retired from farming. They are knowledgeable, friendly and have gone out of their way to help me or to resolve a problem for me. While the teenagers might not be as savvy as the older guys they are still as friendly and eager to help as the rest of the staff. Head and shoulders over the wall-eyed, rude bozo kids you find in your average mall store.

The store itself is a great resource for a wide variety of things needed for country living and at pretty good prices. I'll even admit that because of the great, friendly service I've gotten there, that I've paid a little more for some things just so I could throw my business to them. Good customer service is worth a lot to me!!

Not the store to buy the tractor (unless you find a good deal posted on the bulletin board), but a great store to help you maintain it and a lot of other things on your property.

Good luck on the tractor hunt and let us know how it comes out!

/ Tractor Supply Company #13  
Hi, now all TSC's are managed diffrently, but I love mine here in Va. I bought a plug type aerator and used it for a year and some of the tubes bent. I tried to purchase new tubes but that model had been discontinued. He offered me a refund or an exchange. I have had no problems with the C'ville group. I would recomend them to anyone. I try to get all my tractor and 3pt stuff from them: rough cut, finnish mower, oil, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor Supply Company #14  
I agree with previous posts. If you need to buy in bulk, you may want to price shop the tractor supplies via Internet. Just be sure to calculate shipping into your per unit price b/c it may be just as cheap at TSC. It reminds me of Ace Hardware...they seem to have a little bit of alot of stuff and very convenient when you need something quick. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tractor Supply Company #15  
Not a bad store, but the ones around me (3 or 4 locally) carry king kutter mowers, but no parts for them. they will order, but I get them direct from king kutter faster ...
Bought a box blade from them once, got it home, noticed all the welds that hold the teeth on were all busted, fortunately, I had not taken it off the trailor so took it right back.
It all depends on the store management as to how good a store is.

/ Tractor Supply Company #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sorry if this is a repeat post, I'm new to country living and have a nearby Tractor Supply Company store. Is this a reliable place to purchase a tractor or just a gimmicky store name to catch city folk like me with my pants down?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>
==============
I'm not overly impressed an rate them just so so compared to the Farm and Fleet Store we had here.
Tractor Supply is in the building that The Farm and Fleet Store had occupied.
When TS moved into the building they partitioned off the left front Quarter. So that is all the display they have. the other three quarters of the building sets empty.

Farm and Fleet took up the whole building and had a much greater selection and variety as it was 4 times bigger than TS is.

Another thing about TS is the same 20 or 30 dollar tire from TS will cost more from them than it did at F& F.

You don't want to buy any serious tractor from a box store.

/ Tractor Supply Company #17  
They're not perfect by any means, but I'm darned glad they've got stores nearby. I've got a King Kutter BB and an arena harrow I bought there, and I'm happy with both. Not too many other places near me that I could go & have things like that put on the truck. And when I break a PTO or 3ph hitch part on a weekend, well, they're all that stands between getting back in operation or bagging the job til next weekend. How can you not like a store that has PTO overrunning clutches on the shelf? Good selection of trailer parts too.

And I love buying bolts and hardware by the pound - same price for a given grade, nut, bolts, washers, size, whatever - just throw it in the bag. Sure beats counting out 11 cent washers at HD.

/ Tractor Supply Company #18  
They are currently building a new TSC less than 2 miles from my house, due to open in mid Sept.
Can't wait !! I always had a 1 hour + drive to get to the nearest TSC.
Nearly all my attachments were purchased there.
6' brush mower, 6' finish mower, 6' rake', 7' Professional series rear blade, PHD w/6" and 12" augers, 5' tiller, 6' box blade, middle buster, and subsoiler.

/ Tractor Supply Company #19  
I love TSC. Buy my tractor implement parts there but haven't bought actual implements from them yet.

Bought my air compressor, impact wrench, paint sprayer and electric fence stuff there. Think I may have gotten my sulky tires there, too (for the Gravely).

Bought my Slime there that I put in the JD front tires.

Bought my impact sockets down the street at the rubber supply company that has a little higher quality tools for hard service.

Ralph

/ Tractor Supply Company #20  
I'm not saying I hate TS; just that I liked Farm and Fleet better when it was here.

One thing that I really miss is when I bought tires for my MTD at F & F they installed them free in their tire repair shop.
If I pad $25 for a tire that's all it cost me.
A $25 tire from TS cost me $32 because I have to pay $7 to have it mounted at a service station cause TS don't install tires.
This Cost more & is more time consuming inconvenient and entails more running around than it did at F&F

----------------------------------------------------------------------------