New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #21  
<font color="blue"> There should be a law(maybe there is) about how much has to be done for there to be a label affixed to it that says
"Assembled in ******" on it. </font>

DID YOU KNOW THAT MADE IN THE U.S.A. MEANS THAT: 70% OF ALL MATERIAL USED MUST ORIGINATE IN THE U.S.A...And 70% Of the Labor has to be performed in the U.S.A.? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif As far as this "assembled in .........." goes, I have no idea. Sounds to me like the Chinese crate junk!

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #22  
<font color="blue"> There should be a law(maybe there is) about how much has to be done for there to be a label affixed to it that says
"Assembled in ******" on it. </font>

DID YOU KNOW THAT MADE IN THE U.S.A. MEANS THAT: 70% OF ALL MATERIAL USED MUST ORIGINATE IN THE U.S.A...And 70% Of the Labor has to be performed in the U.S.A.? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif As far as this "assembled in .........." goes, I have no idea. Sounds to me like the Chinese crate junk!

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #23  
I saw them too. Looks like Jinma to me. Though, it is a good sign for the consumer, I think. If TSC is backing the tractors, paired with the proper mechanical prep (i.e. assembled in Indiana), these machines will most certainly show some improvements in realibility and support.

Like Northern Tool, it's just another sign that the chinese are really making enrodes in the CUT market. It is likely that some day soon they will build good quality tractors. But, as of now, I still wouldn't buy one.

Interesting to watch though. Yet another american industry giving way to the asians.

Tom

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #24  
I saw them too. Looks like Jinma to me. Though, it is a good sign for the consumer, I think. If TSC is backing the tractors, paired with the proper mechanical prep (i.e. assembled in Indiana), these machines will most certainly show some improvements in realibility and support.

Like Northern Tool, it's just another sign that the chinese are really making enrodes in the CUT market. It is likely that some day soon they will build good quality tractors. But, as of now, I still wouldn't buy one.

Interesting to watch though. Yet another american industry giving way to the asians.

Tom

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #25  
I think this "american industry" went to the asians when the green giant partnered with Yanmar, the major blue tractor with Shibaru, Massey with Hinomoto or whoever else... and so on... The battle today is really asian against asian in the CUT market, the round eyes involved are just the middle men.. We have assembled many dozens of chinese tractors and I feel very confident that there is more assembly work in these Chinese tractors than most of the major brand CUTs that are "assembled" in the USA. I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it is true. If our society survives long enough for this to be taught in history books, we may find out who takes the blame for this situation that lost so many American manufacturing jobs to overseas. Government? Labor? Price conscience consumers? greedy stockholders (american public) greedy corporate executives? All probably share the blame and we could argue forever over the allocation of this blame.

Anyway the MINOT is a HOmier/Farm Pro product sold through Tractor Supply stores. ONly in Test markets at present.

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #26  
I think this "american industry" went to the asians when the green giant partnered with Yanmar, the major blue tractor with Shibaru, Massey with Hinomoto or whoever else... and so on... The battle today is really asian against asian in the CUT market, the round eyes involved are just the middle men.. We have assembled many dozens of chinese tractors and I feel very confident that there is more assembly work in these Chinese tractors than most of the major brand CUTs that are "assembled" in the USA. I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it is true. If our society survives long enough for this to be taught in history books, we may find out who takes the blame for this situation that lost so many American manufacturing jobs to overseas. Government? Labor? Price conscience consumers? greedy stockholders (american public) greedy corporate executives? All probably share the blame and we could argue forever over the allocation of this blame.

Anyway the MINOT is a HOmier/Farm Pro product sold through Tractor Supply stores. ONly in Test markets at present.

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #27  
Does TSC back the warranty, do they stock spare parts, will they be there for ANY maintenance or repairs, do they have the knowledge to answer questions regarding the owning and operation of this equipment? I don't know. I do know the dealer down the road that has been in business for 60 some years will be there when I need him for whatever the reason.

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #28  
Does TSC back the warranty, do they stock spare parts, will they be there for ANY maintenance or repairs, do they have the knowledge to answer questions regarding the owning and operation of this equipment? I don't know. I do know the dealer down the road that has been in business for 60 some years will be there when I need him for whatever the reason.

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #29  
Prediction: Local dealers will diminish in number until eventually the big chain stores take over most of the market. The chinese will be a major player by then. The big three will become the super six. Good Ag. Mechanics will be as scarce as an American made tractor.

Five years ago who would have thought that JD would be sold at Home Depot? Might not happen tomorrow, but in the next 20 years, you'll see this. The times they are a changin'.

/ New Minot Tractors at Tractor Supply Store VA #30  
Prediction: Local dealers will diminish in number until eventually the big chain stores take over most of the market. The chinese will be a major player by then. The big three will become the super six. Good Ag. Mechanics will be as scarce as an American made tractor.

Five years ago who would have thought that JD would be sold at Home Depot? Might not happen tomorrow, but in the next 20 years, you'll see this. The times they are a changin'.