Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #31  
Oleozz said:
I don't know which company would be best but you have to remember that for every Kioti owner on this site there are probably 20 Kubota owners, sooo the responses should and would favor the Kubota.

True, if and only if Kubota owners are mostly happy and satisfied owners.

Pat ;)

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #32  
Volfandt said:
In the end there was 3 reasons why I ruled out the Kioti CK20.
#1, The FEL hydraulic lines interfered with the pedals. I know that I could have probably tied them back out of the way but this made me question the "fit & finish" and placement of the FEL joy stick ruled out right side egress/degress.

Not sure what you mean here as the FEL lines don't interfere at all with my pedals. I wonder if the dealer installed them incorrectly on the machine you looked at.

I agree that Kioti pricing can be hit or miss. Some of the smaller dealers seem to think they don't need to discount to be competitive. Wrong. Discounted Kubota will always beat a list price equivalent Kioti.

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #33  
Not sure what you mean here as the FEL lines don't interfere at all with my pedals. I wonder if the dealer installed them incorrectly on the machine you looked at.
You could be right, they only had 3 Kioti's on their lot and they didn't seem to know them very well.

It would have been interesting had that CK20 priced lower than the B7510, as I was still looking for machines in that class. Who knows, I may have never went back and tried out the BX23 :D

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #34  
dfkrug said:
Kubota says you can use their 3-pt hoe (4690) on that machine, but
no one else's 3-pt hoe. I am against using 3-pt hoes, but the 4610
is a great machine that could have a custom subframe built for it and
then use any hoe, without voiding warranties.

I don't understand how having a custom (NON KUBOTA) sub frame and non-Kubota recommended hoe would not void any warranty.

I'm not a big fan of 3PH hoes but was also ignorant of the one you mentioin by Kubota so I will have to take a look. I don't need a KING KONG hoe and maybe the 3PH model will work for me. At the time I bought my Grand L 4610HSTC I was told point blank that I coiuld not have a Kubota hoe as it clashed with the cab (couldn't be attached much less swivel the seat to operate.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. Maybe the 3PH is a newer design than my tractor and wasn't available when I bought it. Thanks again.

Now, as regards the FEL joy stick blocking or interfering with ingress/egress through the starboard door or side (with no cab.) So? Same story on my cab model Kubota. I am 6'2" 245 lbs and I can get in and out on that side but it is with difficulty and if the tractor is powered up my contact with the joy stick runs the FEL wild. It is no big deal and has not constituted a problem in 6+ years. The only problem was when I stupidly tried to get in our out on the WRONG side with the engine running. I did it a couple times and then just quit doing it. Kinda likke hitting your finger with a hammer on purpose, if it hurts, quit doing it.

I have never been inconvenienced more than a few steps to walk around the tractor by not using the WRONG side door. I am much more perturbed by the steps being crunched when you straddle stuff. I took my steps off. It isn't that big of a tractor that I need the steps and there are really handy and strong handles to use to get up and down thoughtfully placed by the Kubota folks.

Pat

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #35  
patrick_g said:
I don't understand how having a custom (NON KUBOTA) sub frame and non-Kubota recommended hoe would not void any warranty.

I'm not a big fan of 3PH hoes but was also ignorant of the one you mentioin by Kubota so I will have to take a look. I don't need a KING KONG hoe and maybe the 3PH model will work for me. At the time I bought my Grand L 4610HSTC I was told point blank that I coiuld not have a Kubota hoe as it clashed with the cab (couldn't be attached much less swivel the seat to operate.

My understanding of Kubota's warranty is that it is voided if you use a
3-point backhoe, unless it is Kubota's 3-pt backhoe (4672 or 4690). The
Kubota hoes with Kubota subframes (BH75, BH90) don't fit the cab
tractors because the subframe interferes with the places where the
cab mounts. The warranty does not make mention of aftermarket
subframe-mounted hoes, as far as I know. In any case, you would
not likely be using your tractor seat; you would be using a separate
hoe seat.

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #36  
dfkrug, Thanks again for the info, especially the model numbers. I'll look into that. Maybe my dealer was too emphatic about aftermarket equipment with subframes and the warranty but that is what they told me back then.

Ever deal with a 3PH hoe? How much of a hassle is it to get on and off? Before I built dollies to carry my brush hog and box blade my hitch up time varied from 5 min to an hour depending on luck. With a castor wheeled dolly, hitch up is way easier because I can move the implement to allign it to the tractor and don't have to make as many trips back and forth from the cab to behind thte tractor.

Pat

/ Kioti CK vs. Kubota B series #37  
patrick_g said:
dfkrug, Thanks again for the info, especially the model numbers. I'll look into that. Maybe my dealer was too emphatic about aftermarket equipment with subframes and the warranty but that is what they told me back then.

Ever deal with a 3PH hoe? How much of a hassle is it to get on and off? Before I built dollies to carry my brush hog and box blade my hitch up time varied from 5 min to an hour depending on luck. With a castor wheeled dolly, hitch up is way easier because I can move the implement to allign it to the tractor and don't have to make as many trips back and forth from the cab to behind thte tractor.

Pat

Happy to help.

Your dealer probably does not think in terms of a custom subframe, but
he should know about the Kubota 3-pt hoes. It is rather absurd that
Kubota (and JD, NH, Kioti, etc.) sez don't use 3-pt hoes, but then goes
ahead and sells them. Maybe your dealer does not feel comfortable with
you using a 3-pt hoe even if it is a Kubota cuz he will have to fix
your tractor if you break it.

I have installed my Prairie Dog hoes on 3-pts before, and that is why
I don't recommend it. I still use the 3-pt to move the hoes around
cuz it is easy to hook up. If you go that route, and you have
telescoping 3-pt arms, then it is pretty easy. Note that 3-pt hoes
use a special fixed toplink and a triangulating (is that a word?) toplink
brace to keep the hitch from lifting while in use.