eBay/Craigslist Ebay hacked

/ Ebay hacked #11  
Sounds like ebay has measures in place to maintain security. Also sounds like either their measures are inadequate, or are more trouble than they are worth. I'll keep it simple and shop local or make a road trip myself. I'm sure plenty of people enjoy ebay and have no trouble. They don't need me.

/ Ebay hacked
tallyho8 said:
If your auction was hacked it is usually because you gave your password to someone on a phishing expedition.
No.

This is new. This 'vladuz' appears to have an ability to walk through walls. He is adding his own 'email me for BIN' into active auctions of experienced ebayers and even programmers who would never fall for a phishing email. His ability to list thousands of auctions simultaneously, in a format that requires manual input and should take days, is another example.

Take a look at the Auctionweb and Firemeg links I posted above. This isn't simple phishing. The Auctionweb story indicates vladuz has been selling his hack program for nearly a year now. Its a real mess.

/ Ebay hacked #13  
They might have a lot of security & features, but not everyone is 100% sure how to use them. You have to do a lot of reading & practicing to not get burned.

If you look at the discussion forums on Ebay, you'll see thousands of users who've been hijacked, stolen from and just given up.

I never gave anyone my passwords, I know how to watch out for phishing.

/ Ebay hacked #14  
Things like this has just put me off of Ebay for good.... Never bought anything I have not looked at and not going to start now... it might of been a good tool to use a year ago but the risk are just not worth it now. Security measures or not the risk is just not worth what I would get... buying or selling.

/ Ebay hacked #15  
There have been numerous sites hacked this year. The technology the hackers are using is scary. I hate to sound grim, but there just is no way to protect your identity anymore.

Last edited:
   / Ebay hacked #16  
2 years ago a seller on e-bay did not send a pay pal paid for item, e-bay did nothing to help or refund.Then someone posing as my wife on e-bay auction using her account somehow????? won a bid on item, e-bay e-mailed us.They closed our account,closed down pay pal account,then held @$980.00 for 5 days.I had to call e-bay security several times a day to get any thing done.I finally called my bank to find out when my account had been freed up,e-bay still has the account frozen,pay pal will still not clear this up,so e-bay is not used by us any longer.

/ Ebay hacked #17  
greenedeere said:
2 years ago a seller on e-bay did not send a pay pal paid for item, e-bay did nothing to help or refund.Then someone posing as my wife on e-bay auction using her account somehow????? won a bid on item, e-bay e-mailed us.They closed our account,closed down pay pal account,then held @$980.00 for 5 days.I had to call e-bay security several times a day to get any thing done.I finally called my bank to find out when my account had been freed up,e-bay still has the account frozen,pay pal will still not clear this up,so e-bay is not used by us any longer.

That's horrendous. The worst part about them, is you can't get help immediately from them. Someone could be cleaning you out and you can't do anything.

/ Ebay hacked #18  
here is a phone # for Paypal. 402-935-2017

/ Ebay hacked #19  
I'll add this also, even though we stopped using them we still get e-mails from time to time from them of suspecting someone using our account.Warning us of the possibilities of all bad things that could happen.I did every thing possible at each time to talk to a "LIVE" warm body but never have.E-mail , phone calls for this type of problem, where you need help, has a system in which you follow their instructions step by step.The problem was there is no category in which we fell, guessing(A:they have never had this to happened before to need assistance(B:they would have to go out of their way to help admitting something went wrong and it was their fault(C:BOTH.Even by using a seperate Bank/VISA account a long PIN# and all the extra security measures,some how it did happen.If you could hire the thief to help e-bay/paypal to catch or to prevent this they probably would have to pay a mint for the service or could never hire anyone from the simple fact it would be to honest of a job and not nearly as much fun.