My tractor is broken

/ My tractor is broken
Talking about parts, I have a few odds and ends I'll need to purchase for my 584 (in particular I need the chock handle which broke off the cable when trying to unscrew it) so what's the best online vendor to deal with? Reasonably priced and reliable.

/ My tractor is broken #32  
Thank you for the kind words guys.

In the future, if this fix doesn't hold up, I'll replace the shifter and peripherals with new parts. I suspect they wouldn't be that expensive and they should be a direct drop-in.

You must not have priced very many OEM parts. Most of them are stupidly overpriced.

/ My tractor is broken #33  
gcp,
Just getting to this thread. Glad to hear that you got it figured out. I have the same/similiar problem with my IH584. All I have is 2nd, 3rd, and reverse in both the hi and lo range. Sometimes, it'll hold in 4th. I've always feared it was internal to the transmission. However, I do recall my uncle saying, before he passed, that the linkages just needed to be adjusted or repaired, (I wonder why he never got around to it). Now that I have the tractor though, I will do that once I return to the states. It has been run like that for so long however, I hope that some of the gears have not worn. I may get in touch with you later on for some advice. Thanks for posting!

Hawk

Last edited:
   / My tractor is broken
hasker, I did price that's why I posted my question, they are asking absurd $ for parts.

/ My tractor is broken
SL, get in touch anytime if I can be of help!!

Last edited:
   / My tractor is broken
All electrical signals are now fully functional by cleaning connectors and all connection points with elbow grease and contact cleaner spray. How do you eat a red elephant? A bite at a time :licking:

/ My tractor is broken
I know that some of you will call it Dupont Imron overhaul but I'm picky about such things so I just finished painting in fresh black the plastic and steering wheel, it's all falling into place rather nicely!

IMG_6657.jpg

/ My tractor is broken
Not exactly new Kyle but it looks one heck of a lot better. I appreciate the kind remarks!

The chock button broke so I made a shift handle which works better than the original. Nothing but a plastic loop but perfect for the ol' finger insertion and pull :laughing: