Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!!

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #1  

Frankdozer

Silver Member
Tractor
1967 Case 580CK Backhoe / Loader
I recently cold my Case 580CK Loader / Backhoe because I needed a 3pth rather than a backhoe.
Anyway, I found a Case 480B with a loader, 3pth and to my surprise ..... it has a factory center grader blade which turns, tilts, raises ... all the things a small Huber grader does. It is exactly what I need. I do not know the year but the only thing I am not happy about is it has the gas engine. The year is probably in the 60s or early 70s because the 480B was last produced in 1975.
Has anyone seen or heard of this machine with the center grader blade ?
Thanks

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #2  
Need pictures! :)

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!!
I have not purchased it as of yet. I am still in the decision mode based upon what I hear and read .

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #4  
I recently cold my Case 580CK Loader / Backhoe because I needed a 3pth rather than a backhoe.
Anyway, I found a Case 480B with a loader, 3pth and to my surprise ..... it has a factory center grader blade which turns, tilts, raises ... all the things a small Huber grader does. It is exactly what I need. I do not know the year but the only thing I am not happy about is it has the gas engine. The year is probably in the 60s or early 70s because the 480B was last produced in 1975.
Has anyone seen or heard of this machine with the center grader blade ?
Thanks

Never heard of a Case with a belly blade like that.
I would LOVE to have one!
I have considered a Huber, off and on, for years, but have never bought one.
Case machine like that, with gas engine, would not bother me one bit.

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #5  
I'm not sure of the case but a lot of them where conversions. She will drink a lot gas when used hard. Does it have a PTO?
If it got a torque converter drive with a lot of use it could be a problem that would require some major work.

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #6  
I had an old 310B, with that 148 c.i. engine, and it was surprisingly easy on gas, for a tractor it's size. For something that old, personally, I'd prefer a gasser. No problems with injectors, or pumps. Those engines are easy to work on, and parts such as tune-up kits are easy to find. Although, if it has the Prestolite distributor, ignition parts are way more expensive, than Delco-Remy's.

That belly blade would be pretty cool..!! I'd have to guess aftermarket, as I didn't see any on the Case Construction parts site. Probably one of the same companies that made belly blades for dump trucks. A neighboring County here had belly blades on all of their dump trucks, because 75% of their County Roads were still gravel. Dandy for peeling off packed snow too.

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #7  
Belly blade on a dump truck? Would like to seem some pics. That's interesting.

I was told it has no PTO. Also it has manual shift high / low .... each 4 speeds. Forward neutral reverse lever on the left side of the steering wheel.

/ Case 480B with Loader, 3pth and center grader blade !!! #9  
I bought a 480F backhoe version , circa 1994. The manual covers both it and the 3PH version. The 3PH version is called a 480F LL in that model series. A quick search of Case 480LL showed some possibilities.

How do I post a picture of it ?