Which brand to buy

/ Which brand to buy #11  
Budget minded but dont know about the 30 year part, seems that is hit and miss with tools.
Has husky branded all over it and looks like the husky 450 but I compared and has different cylinder then 450. Take a look at a Poulan 5020 50cc clamshell built similar to the stihl 290 that cost $400 plus. 5020 is $200 or less at times. Comes with a 20" 3/8 70dl.
I'd rather have the Poulan at twice the price! :D

/ Which brand to buy #12  
I have been a huskvarna guy as is my dad but local dealer started selling Johnsered and now have a 65cc saw a 55cc and a bucket saw and all have performed very well in heavy farm/storm clean up. Go with a pro grade saw only once you pay for it you will never look back. Still have several 65cc husk's and hard to not enjoy running them.

/ Which brand to buy #13  
I have been a huskvarna guy as is my dad but local dealer started selling Johnsered and now have a 65cc saw a 55cc and a bucket saw and all have performed very well in heavy farm/storm clean up. Go with a pro grade saw only once you pay for it you will never look back. Still have several 65cc husk's and hard to not enjoy running them.

Husqvarna and Jonsered are one in the same

/ Which brand to buy #15  
I wouldn't take a MS290 Farm Boss for Free!

If I were limited to Stihl only, I'd get a MS261, or a MS361 if I could find one...

/ Which brand to buy #16  
Question #1 - What happened to your Homelite? It may be a model worth having rebuilt...

Brand? I go straight to Stihl and Husky, although if in the market now wouldt look at Dolmar. I would be more concerned with how the saw fits you; weight, ergonomic "feel", balance, and power.

do you have a saw shop nearby? There are a couple near me, which carry a couple brands(stihl/Husky), that also have logs out back to try saws out on... Try a couple saws and se what fits you, irregardless of brand.

/ Which brand to buy
Thank you all for your input. Was raining here last night so I went out to see if I could figure out what happened to my saw. Pulled the spark plug and pulled the starter and saw the piston was moving without any difficulty, I put the plug back in and pulled the starter cord 3 times and it started right up and ran fine :) I will have to try cutting to see how it runs then. Not sure what happened but I will be happy with my tried and true saw back. I will let you all know what happens.

/ Which brand to buy #18  
What model is the homie?

/ Which brand to buy
My Homelite is the Super EZ with a 16" bar. Purchased in 1982.

/ Which brand to buy #20  
STIHL CHAIN SAW FOR SALE,MS290 LIKE NEW,USED 3 TIMES. = newer used 290 for less than your max budget

Stihl Chainsaw = newer used 362 for a little more than your budget .

Although I am now only an occasional saw user now a days ( I do have a whole log truck load of hardwood sitting next to my driveway , maybe 7 to 9 cords that I still need to cut ) , I sold my 2 041's a few years ago on craigslist and bought a new 441 magnum . Only reason for upgrade was compression release on new saw . At my age , although both old saws started in 1 to 3 pulls , I got tired of yanking my arm out sometimes . Older 041 was at least 30 years old , replaced intake gasket before selling and piston skirt showed no heat discoloration but then I run 32/1 mix on everything regardless if Stihl says 40/1 or 50/1 . Cheaper to replace a $3 spark plug than a $800 saw .
Fred H.