Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start!

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start!
I did notice there is a space for that and wondered if it could be added. I finally gave up and took it to a shop, he is swamped so it will be a couple of days before I know anything.

Bad news from the shop. He says the flywheel shear pin is sheared and that when he turns it there feels like high spots or places where it is hard to turn. Saying that could be bearings or a bent crank. 200 plus to repair only paid 340 for the thing.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #13  
Not under warranty?

one year only! been just longer than one year, isn't that just a kick in the nuts?

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #15  
one year only! been just longer than one year, isn't that just a kick in the nuts?

Well if you're using it as a tractor I'm surprised it lasted this long!:shocked:

Have you plead your case to Stihl through your dealer? What say the dealer as to cause of the problem?

lol ya not sure how that got there, definitely not my tractor.

I need to see what they will do I guess.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #17  
lol ya not sure how that got there, definitely not my tractor.
I need to see what they will do I guess.

I sure would see if Stihl will do something for you if just off warranty. Can't hurt to ask, as well as seeing what your dealer has to say about what might have caused what happened, bearings or bent crank? I'd sure want to know cause/effect.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #18  
Bad news from the shop. He says the flywheel shear pin is sheared and that when he turns it there feels like high spots or places where it is hard to turn. Saying that could be bearings or a bent crank. 200 plus to repair only paid 340 for the thing.

Shear pin or flywheel key: I suspect flywheel key which on a lot of the newer small engines is molded into the flywheel. Bent shaft or bearing damage. Di he pull the flywheel to see if it is just the boogered up (tech term) flywheel vs bent shaft and or bearings?

I have seen two fail on weed eaters and on both of these I suspect it was a combination of poor casting on the flywheel and inertia from hitting stuff with cutting head and or just pull starting them. Neither of these had any damage to the crank.

Roy

He did pull the flywheel off and his first question was did you drop it, and I said no which is true. I used it and put it up and month later pulled back out then had the problem. He feels it might be bearings, I am leaning to bent shaft.

I did email stihl and they said they were forwarding my email to someone else but haven't hear a word so far.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #20  
He did pull the flywheel off and his first question was did you drop it, and I said no which is true. I used it and put it up and month later pulled back out then had the problem. He feels it might be bearings, I am leaning to bent shaft.

I did email stihl and they said they were forwarding my email to someone else but haven't hear a word so far.

One way bearings or crank can be damaged on a saw is when someone takes out the slack in the chain when the saw is hot. When it cools the chain then becomes too tight and damage occurs. What makes you lean to the crank being bent?