Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start!

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start!
Not sure other than when he turns the crank with the flywheel off it feels out of round. Hard to turn then it falls over to easy then hard again when it comes back around. I know that on the compression stroke that it will be stiffer, but this is beyond that.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #22  
2 strokes have a "compression stroke" every cycle.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #23  
One way bearings or crank can be damaged on a saw is when someone takes out the slack in the chain when the saw is hot. When it cools the chain then becomes too tight and damage occurs. What makes you lean to the crank being bent?

Good call -- that is indeed true. Chains will slacken up when hot, and some people mistakenly think they need to be tensioned. When everything cools back down, the chain contracts and can bend the crank or mess up bearings. Have heard this reported a few times on the AS forums over the years.

If the saw sat for a while with the chain under heavy tension, it could have indeed done some damage.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #24  
Good call -- that is indeed true. Chains will slacken up when hot, and some people mistakenly think they need to be tensioned. When everything cools back down, the chain contracts and can bend the crank or mess up bearings. Have heard this reported a few times on the AS forums over the years.

If the saw sat for a while with the chain under heavy tension, it could have indeed done some damage.

I believe those cautions are part of the owner's manual that come with the saws these days. And other things regarding how to break in a new saw regarding throttle level, etc. All good things to know to keep a saw in good condition as long as possible. AND if one buys a new Stihl and their ultra oil they give a three year warranty, instead of the usual one. FWIW.

Ya I wasn't told about the 3 year warranty when I purchased my chainsaw.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #26  
Well I have learned a thing or two just by reading here.

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #27  
I am glad that my misfortune can help others!!:)

/ Stihl MS250 is very hard to pull wont start! #29  
Ya I wasn't told about the 3 year warranty when I purchased my chainsaw.

I'm almost certain it's extended to three; doing this from memory, but I know it's a least 2 years instead of one. If it were me I'd see if the program was in fact in effect when your saw was purchased. If it was then your dealer not bringing it to your attention is further ammo for Stihl to fix it for you as 'goodwill' gesture.

Here's Stihl blog info from back in 2011. Looks like it doubles to two years, not 3, BUT it's still better than one and it's essentially free! So much for my steeltrap memory.:confused3:

STIHL USA News: Double Your Warranty When You Purchase a New STIHL

Good info for when they do get back with me, I have it back from the shop and I think I have decided that probably wont get much out of stihl so I think I can tear it down and see whats up. then depending on what I find get the parts and change out myself. If I cant get it fixed I am done with stihl for sure!!!