Backhoe Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues

/ Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues
Yeah the Korean hoes look nice. Thanks for the pic, I had heard they sit close before from another dealer (and agree that is an advantage) but hadn't actually seen a pic.

What are the specs on that backhoe by the way?

Maybe you can bend a dogleg in the joysticks to bring them in a little closer. I wouldn't get too severe to risk goofing up the lever motion. Bend the outrigger levers up to let you move the seat forward?
Brad

It's the Jimna HW04 which looks very similar to the HW03X. When I got the manual I wasn't given an HW04 manual I was given and HW03/HW03X manual. I believe it should have over an 8ft reach for a 2ft flat bottom digging depth, which puts it nearly at 10ft reach total. I requested the biggest BH I could find because between this and the Yuchai Dozer I bought I'm hopefully going to begin digging out my daylight basement for a new house this summer. I actually would have bought the Jinma 354 but went to the 454 so that I could run a larger BH.

As for the doglegging, I'll post pics later this week, as we are going to bring them a bit closer that way for the main controls but we made up entirely new sticks. Oh and I am forward enough that I can have my knees touch (or within an inch) of the control panel and the outrigger levels sit between my legs, I've thought about bending them up but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that yet.

Oh and in reality all the compliments for the fabricating go to my dad. He is a long time (35-40 year) machinist union member and welder. He's almost 70 but he still can fabricate up something that works.

/ Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues #23  
The cost for the chinese backhoes draws alot of buyers,if the buyer actualy know what most of the dealers know they would see that you get what you pay for,I'm a bargain hunter also,live and lean.Hopefully when you get it all up and running you will be happy with it.Let me know if we can help you with anything,or if you get fed up with it you can always try one of mine.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues #24  
Kyle:

I had to modify my JW03 Hoe after a few hrs operating it I changed out the seat to a better seat. It has the pedestal that swings 180 degrees. with the better seat it works out well, I also cut the hyd valve handles in half about 4" down welded in a secti0on of 1/2" round stock so that there is a double bend which makes operation much better I think I added ~4" length but only raised the handles 3" and brought them back some as well. I found I could then set & run it well, but after a while decided I didn't care for operating it setting down as limited visibility while setting. I ended up cutting them back apart and raised them up more with new round stock, I now leave the seat facing forward and lean back on it while running it standing up. Seems easier on my back as well as higher visibility. I don't have any pics of the mod handles but not much to it. like I said I left enough on top of the original handle to grab a hold of well, cutting the middle made 2 welds but wire welding is easy and only an extra 5 min job, this also let me move them apart slightly at the top which also helped make operation easier. Also you can only go so far apart and still screw them together Mine are quite a bit farther apart than factory now, so far that I have to hold one valve down pry the 2nd valve up then I'm able to screw the 2nd lever in correctly... It worked out quite well. I'll try & remember to take pictures when it thaws out enough to get the back barn open (where the back hoe is at now)

Mark

/ Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues #25  
Kyle, that's a nice big backhoe - no wonder you prefer a frame mount. Back up and get us a picture of the whole rig.

Tommy - it looks like your Tomcats max out at a 7 foot version. Any plans for bigger models?

Brad

Kyle, that's a nice big backhoe - no wonder you prefer a frame mount. Back up and get us a picture of the whole rig.
Brad

Well yesterday we got the thing running. We had the PTO pump adaptor (where the hose screws on) modified and got the PTO pump installed (now that it fits.) Also got the seat that we lowered 1.5 inches (from the prior pics) installed and the modified double bent contol handles installed (we completely made them up new.) I'll show pics of all the changes early next week, and I'll try to take a pic of the full backhoe completely stretched out, maybe with a tape measure on it. Worked good but was a little quick until the fluid got warmed up and got the air completely out.

Final dissappointment, the outriggers only can go down about 2" past plane (or level.) So if the whole tractor and backhoe is level or on the same plane (like it's a consistent 6 percent or 3 percent downgrade, or whatever) it's fine otherwise the backhoe could be hanging off the back without the outriggers touching when fully down. We think we'll do the final modification by extending the pads 6"-12" so that we can be off quite a bit. Our suppisition is this was missed because if you hang this backhoe off a 354 the rear wheels are so much smaller you might get 6" or more past plane. Anyone (maybe Spiker?) have an idea how far past plane your outriggers can go, to give me an idea what would be considered normal. Thanks.

/ Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues #27  
Kyle,
Your probably right about the backhoe needing 6" t 12" more on the stabilizers.
My 8' Nardi is a little small for my Kama 554 (like Brad's) and I needed to do just that, make them taller for my tractor. Now I can lift the rear of the tractor up as well as the front so the whole tractor is suspended by the backhoe stabilizer feet and the bucket.

Besides making the stabilizer feet taller, I also added double pilot operated check valves to the cylinders on the stabilizers. Again, the tractor is sort of big for the backhoe and the valve let them bleed down while working it. The Kama 554 is heavy with loaded tires and all. I got tired of constantly bumping the stabilizer handles to get a better grip. Now they stay where I put them. I can also store the backhoe for months without a leak down.

/ Jinma HW04 Framemount Backhoe For Jinma 454 issues #28  
I Kyle: Please bear in mind my backhoe is pretty old it and tractor are 2002 year, January date.

the JW03 on my JM284, will raise the back of the tractor up a good 4" if the FEL is already down, usually I have to raise one or other more as I never seem to be LEVEL on my place, so one side is always slightly up hill vs other side. I also have found that when I put the outriggers down first (raising back wheels) I can't raise the front wheels off the ground using the FEL. There is a lot more weight applied to the FEL, meaning the backhoe not only adds weight to the tractor (lots of weight) the outriggers moves pivot point backward farther back than the rear wheels. Moreover the FELs capability to push down & raise the front end "and most of the tractor" only works if FEL is down first. I have to raise front end first, then lower outriggers and lift back of the tractor.

I have broken several of the Hyd Cylinders on the Boom on my JW03, (which others have also done) I broke rod end off of two of them and pulled/split one rod end in half. though the one that split in held was one I had previously fixed, the weld I did held, the face pulled right through the pin tearing the rod end in half. Pin was unaffected., I made up a NEW rod end and welded it in place after cutting the old broken rod end off. So far they are holding.

also note, on the JW03 there is a spot that looks like the transport pin would go down near the bottom for storage. it works but must be removed for operation, I bent one cylinder line and the transport pin by leaving the pin in-place after getting to work. raised the boom up and hit the pin bending it and the line... Several other people have also made this mistake, you boom up may be different,...

Mark

Well folks Keno cut me a check and it arrived quickly, for the modifications I did and I'm very happy with their service. They were very responsive through the whole issue and sent me any items I needed to make modifications. I'll try to still get an update on here with more final photos (my camera has been missing the darn flash drive, and I haven't been around much to take shots.)

I decided adding the extension on the outriggers to give it a further drop past the level (2" currently) isn't that far off from the 4" I heard the 354 with the HW03 has from Keno and saw a similar post here with the 284 and backhoe. So I am closing things up with Keno now, just sending them a couple parts back (that didn't fit my tractor but will fit others) I still plan to do the modification though, so thanks for the posts and pics. They will help. Other than a few delayed photo updates though, I'll probably post any other modifications as a separate thread under the modifications area. Thanks everyone (especially Brad, Rob, Mark) for all the posts, pics and comments the forum is great for getting good feedback and some assistance even for a newbie (to tractors, not to the internet) like me.

-Kyle

The double dog eared control arms. We made these up from scratch to bring back the controls closer to the operator. Sorry I didn't take the time to put the rollbar up so that you could see the seat sitting down.

Itemid,69

PTO adaptor with Hydraulic pump. We did have to modify the hose (which can't be seen in photo, due to the tight fit)

Itemid,69

Here's the seat frame we lowered 1.5inches since the last picture I posted on here.

Itemid,69