284 hydraulic pump problem?

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #1  

Amez

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Hi all
Today my loader and 3 point arms stopped raising at low RPM. I can still raise them when I increase the RPM. I assume the pump is not producing enough pressure.
Hydraulic reservoir is full , no obvious leaks.
My first guess would be a blown seal somewhere in the hydraulic pump.
I haven't done any troubleshooting yet but has anyone had this problem before or have any tips?

2007 Jinma 284

Mike

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #2  
First look for excessive bubbling or foam in the lift box, and then check the engine oil to see if the level is higher than expected.

//greg//

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem?
Greg
There is no foam in the lift box , engine oil is at normal level.
I recently ( 5 operating hour ago) replaced the Hydraulic oil and filter.

Mike

Does the hydraulic pump on the right side of the engine operate both the loader and the 3 point arms? If it does , I suspect the pump , because both are affected.
Is there a relief valve for the 3 point system?

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #6  
Does the hydraulic pump on the right side of the engine operate both the loader and the 3 point arms? If it does , I suspect the pump , because both are affected.
There is a priority valve between the output of the pump and the input to the steering controller. They've been known to become obstructed. You may have too much fluid going to the steering, and not enough to the rest of the system - which in your case is both lift and loader. Disassembly/cleaning of the priority valve is not difficult.

//greg//

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #7  
There is a priority valve between the output of the pump and the input to the steering controller. They've been known to become obstructed. You may have too much fluid going to the steering, and not enough to the rest of the system - which in your case is both lift and loader. Disassembly/cleaning of the priority valve is not difficult.

//greg//

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #8  
Mike,
Please describe your hydraulic flow. For example on my 284, the flow goes from the Pump to the FEL valve and then to the Priority Valve.

Also do you have access to a pressure gauge? It is a good thing to have for many reasons including this one.
RonJ

Thanks Ron
When I turn the steering wheel , while lifting the 3 point (at low RPM) , the 3 point stops.
This makes me think that niether the steering or the 3 point is getting enough flow.

RonJ
My flow goes from the pump through the loader to a diverter valve which I believe sends required flow to the steering and the reainder to the 3 point.
I'm waiting for a gauge at the local parts store.
Mike