284 hydraulic pump problem?

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #11  
   / 284 hydraulic pump problem? #12  
RonJ
My flow goes from the pump through the loader to a diverter valve which I believe sends required flow to the steering and the reainder to the 3 point.
I'm waiting for a gauge at the local parts store.
Mike
Mike,
Since both the FEL and 3pt are acting up - and one is before and the other is after the diverter valve, it is probably the pump or the FEL valve pressure release adjustment. Since it is working, I would not do anything until you can get a pressure gauge installed to see what you really have.
RonJ

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem?
There is a priority valve between the output of the pump and the input to the steering controller. They've been known to become obstructed. You may have too much fluid going to the steering, and not enough to the rest of the system - which in your case is both lift and loader. Disassembly/cleaning of the priority valve is not difficult.

//greg//

Greg
I just removed and cleaned the priority valve. There were no obvious deposits in there , but when I reinstalled it the lift systems seem to work. I won't know if it is full force on the 3 point until I put my hoe or a gauge on.
Thanks for the info.
I assume that the priority valve was diverting flow to the reservoir at a lower pressure than it was meant to effectively bypassing the 3 point lift ?
Mike

/ 284 hydraulic pump problem? #14  
I assume that the priority valve was diverting flow to the reservoir at a lower pressure than it was meant to effectively bypassing the 3 point lift ?
Well, I'm thinking the other way around. The priority valve was stuck to where the majority flow was diverted to the steering sub-circuit, thereby starving the loader and the lift. Your later mention that turning the steering wheel made the other hydraulics move - pretty much confirms that. Appears the simple act of removal/reinstallation was enough to unstick whatever was stuck.

//greg//