Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #31  
I have had that happen before but all went well in the end. The maker of the videos had access to the dozer. Do you not have his email address too?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #32  
Those videos look like they were taken on a construction equipment dealers lot. Anyone could have taken them during a test drive.
Has any money changed hands yet?
Was the dozer subject to prior sale?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
No Bob the last time we spoke I casually mentioned that no money would transfer until I looked at the dozer. I wanted to let him know that before he had the chance to ask me to send anything. I told him I would call him again today to confirm that I was leaving tomorrow morning. I do have an email address from when he sent the videos but I have not tried that yet. I figured if he didn't answer the phone he wouldn't respond to email. I am thinking maybe he sold it out from under me and doesn't want to man up. Or maybe it was a scam and when he realized I was not going to send any money up front he didn't bother. I was supposed to be in bed by now so that I could be on the road by 3:00 am tomorrow morning. I spent today checking all fluids in my truck, checked my tires, repaired lights on trailer, withdrew funds for payment, etc. I can't bring myself to start this trip without speaking with him beforehand. I feel very dissapointed.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #34  
If you have a name and address and a land line phone number you can learn a lot on the web. Google Maps and Google street view might let you see the dozer but at least it would let you see the area where you are going..

Now I often do not think to check the house phone or the kids listen to the messages and forget to tell me so email is the best way to reach me.

It could be an scam but what rental company would buy a dozer like that for a rental user. It sounds like a nice dozer for personal use but not one to handle rental abuse.

How many times have you called without answer?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #35  
It could be an scam but what rental company would buy a dozer like that for a rental user. It sounds like a nice dozer for personal use but not one to handle rental abuse.

Didn't mean to infer it was a rental unit but I have seen them in dealers lots where they were trade-ins on larger equipment. I have even "kicked tires" and driven equipment around in a dealers yard myself.

Probably called a dozen times or so over the course of the day and at least 5 times in the past couple of hours. I didn't really need his last name since I am paying cash and never thought to ask him. I don't have an exact address for him either. When we last talked I did not have a pen handy and told him I would get it next time we spoke and just plug it into my GPS. I still haven't heard anything and it's about bed time for me. I have decided not to leave in the morning. I am hoping there was just some type of misunderstanding and he will contact me soon but I have a feeling that is not the case. I will give him tomorrow and after that I am looking elsewhere. I really appreciate everyone helping me with this. I learned a lot and will put that knowledge toward the next dozer candidate. Thanks, Jason

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #37  
Hey live and learn is the way we all do it.

Yes Gale I believe you're right. I just wanted to do my learning part AFTER I got the dozer home. LOL I have already started scanning the web for another one. There is a member of this site that has one for sale but he is in Washington state. That's about as far away as you can get from Arkansas but I may consider that one if attempts to find one closer are unsuccesfull.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #39  
I think you're missing a good bet by not emailing him. People have things crop up like emergencies where they have to suddenly leave home. Phones have been known to malfunction, leaving the owner thinking it is working and everyone else getting no answer or a busy signal. Lots of perfectly good reasons why the calls didn't work.

Send him an email with a read receipt and a delivery receipt then you'll know if he's getting the emails.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #40  
Email it may be your best bet.

I once called a guy about a tractor, drove over 4 hrs one way in a snow storm, told the guy I'd call once I got close. I called when I figured I was within 10-15 miles of his home he said "can I call ya back, someones at my back door." I figured no problem so I waited and waited.................and waited, tried calling him back a couple of times. The _____ never did return my call, figured he'd prbably sold the machine while I was waiting and didn't have enough nads to tell me. Some folks just have no morals, I truely hope this is not your deal.