Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #11  
What did they sell for new? Are the tracks normally that loose? I like that floating blade design.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
I'm not exactly sure what you could walk away from a lot with one for but while doing my research on google I have come across a couple of dealers that have them advertised around $18,000 new. I am not sure if they still have them in stock though because I read that production was stopped. May have started back, but I do not know.

Update... The seller just emailed me a video of the bucket operating in the down position slowly as it should. He was definetly slamming it in the first video. I am feeling much more confident in the dozer. Will try to work out a final price tomorrow.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #14  
I saw the videos. I would not let that guy on my machine for two seconds.
The hydraulics seem to be operating correctly and well. You can always install restrictors in the different hydraulic circuits to slow down the action because they can be quite touchy.
I'd be willing to bet the engine oil and filter have never been changed, nor the hydraulic oil and filter, or the transmission and final drive oils. Greased every day of use??
Dozers require a lot more regular maintenance than the wheelies, and they are designed as ground engaging equipment so they are slow by comparison.
The Yuchai dozers have some inherent design flaws, IMHO, but nothing serious, just annoying and some are just stupid, er not thought out.
Yes, they are back in production.
Remember, they are not a Cat, and that is reflected in the price, but you can expect an honest days work from it.
I have a root rake for my blade, makes felling trees up to about 5" a breeze, sorry, no videos of that.
I purchased mine with the optional FEL, but I don't use it anymore - opted for a skid steer.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #15  
Jhogan2424; I was happy to see others joined in(good bunch of folks here) Bob is probably correct you more then likely saw his videos, definatly not mine(never did any). I do have a few pictures on the forums but that's about it. Bob does have a lot of info about these machines and IMO seems to be a good operator :) I've also heard they are back in production, and from my understanding parts are still out there.

The dozer your looking at should have no problem taking down most of your trees. When going after the bigger ones you can allways work out a few of the roots 1st then pop the tree over, please don't do this until you've had some experience though. If you do decide to "pull" a tree over make sure your chain/cable and clearance is longer then the height of the tree(even before you start the pull). Again please don't do this until you have some experience

@Bob Rocks; I also wanted to write the same thing about that operator :D sometimes ya just wanna cry :(

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #16  
Hope it works out. If for some reason it don't you can always get a big skid steer or a D3 for the weekend at the Riggs rental store right up the rode from you there in Jonesboro.
Good luck!

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #18  
That video was a good illustration of how the blade functions. Also noted that it has rock guards - a big plus.

20-20: You don't need a lot of line to pull a tree over, just tie off a snatch block and pull in the opposite or different direction.

Bob, in the above video I noticed a red/orange light illuminated on the dash panel. Could that be an oil pressure or temp warning light?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #20  
Bob, in the above video I noticed a red/orange light illuminated on the dash panel. Could that be an oil pressure or temp warning light?

No, that is merely a "key on" indicator light. Actually it means there is current flowing to the exciter in the alternator. It mimics a red LED on the voltage regulator. Diesel engines will run without the key on, but conversely don't use the key to stop the engine (on these models).
As for warning lights and alarms - there are none, that's why it's important to keep an eye on the gauges. This is one of the dozers annoyances/shortcomings, but is reflected in the low price. I installed an alarm system on mine using Murphy Switchgages.

You will also have to keep an eye on the air cleaner, it fills up fast in dusty conditions. These dozers are the only ones in the world that have the air intake under the hood, in back of the fan (stupid). I relocated mine outside.

Last edited: