Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284 #1  

ctusdenny

Tractor
2005 Jinma 284
Hi all

I know I've seen this topic discussed before, and I tried searching. So forgive me if this is a repetitive question.

On the era rod the tractor, just left of the hydraulic fill hole/ dipstick, there is a tube that comes back with a 90 deg. bend upward, and a rubber plug. I assume this is a relief for the hydraulic system.

My question is this: why do I vent fluid every time I use the 3-pt lift? It's a fair amount of fluid that comes out. I'm sure I have seen the explanation before, but again, I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks
Denny

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284 #2  
Do you have a picture of this tube? On all the jinma's I have seen, the hydraulic vent was on the screw-in filler plug/dipstick, not a separate pipe to the left of the filler port. Your description almost sounds like this tube comes out of the back side of the reservoir and turns upward?

The Jinma will sometimes burp fluid out of the filler cap vent if the reservoir is too full, or the front of the tractor is uphill...

I relocated my vent to a port I drilled and tapped up under the seat. This is in the middle of the reservoir so it is virtually impossible for it to be below the fluid level unless the tractor is on it's side:) so no more burping fluid...

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284
Do you have a picture of this tube? On all the jinma's I have seen, the hydraulic vent was on the screw-in filler plug/dipstick, not a separate pipe to the left of the filler port. Your description almost sounds like this tube comes out of the back side of the reservoir and turns upward?

The Jinma will sometimes burp fluid out of the filler cap vent if the reservoir is too full, or the front of the tractor is uphill...

I relocated my vent to a port I drilled and tapped up under the seat. This is in the middle of the reservoir so it is virtually impossible for it to be below the fluid level unless the tractor is on it's side:) so no more burping fluid...

Ron

I will get a photo later this week. From your reply above, I do thunk it's a vent. I'll post the photo when I get it.

Denny

Here's a photo of the 90 deg tube next to the hydraulic fill hole. That is a rubber plug on the end of the tube, and that's where the fluid will vent out. Sorry for bad picture...dumb iPhone.

image.jpg

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284 #5  
OK, that's weird... I havn't seen one like that before. All the ones I have seen have a screw-in vented plug right where that pipe assembly is bolted to the top of the case. Part of the screw-in plug is a dipstick that allows you to measure a level about an inch and a half down into the sump. If you are burping fluid with the tractor level, I would say it is because you are overly full. IF you are burping fluid with the front of the tractor uphill, that is sometimes a normal occurance as all the fluid shifts to the back of the tractor covering the port and if the volume increases out goes the stuff in front of the port. With that elbowed pipe on there, how do you measure the level in the sump?

OK, that's weird... With that elbowed pipe on there, how do you measure the level in the sump?

Hi Ron

You see in the photo there is a hex head plug right next to that 90 deg assembly. That plug has a dipstick on it, and I use that to check the level as well as for the fill hole. In the end, this may be a bit of an "overfill" issue. I ran the tractor today on level ground with my rear blade attached. It didn't "burp" at all, and the level according to the dip stick seems good. So I may have overfilled when I changed out the fluid last time. I'm going to be using my brush hog today, so I'll see what happens.

thanks
Denny

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284 #7  
Yea, that is probably it. IF you leave it alone, it will pretty quickly find it's happy place:)

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284 #8  
I have the exact same problem, and it actually will vent to the point where the loader gets a little jerky and i have to add some more.

My problem is the wrong fluid was used in the machine and its foaming, previous owner used ATF instead of hydraulic fliud and every once in a while itll spit pink foamy pepto bismol out that spout.

Do you have the correct fluid (AW32) in it?

I have the exact same problem, and it actually will vent to the point where the loader gets a little jerky and i have to add some more.

My problem is the wrong fluid was used in the machine and its foaming, previous owner used ATF instead of hydraulic fliud and every once in a while itll spit pink foamy pepto bismol out that spout.

Do you have the correct fluid (AW32) in it?

Yeah, I drained the system completely and filled with AW32. I think my issue is the overfilling and working the rear lift when the tractor is inclined. That seems to make it vent.

/ Hydraulic fluid venting - Jinma 284 #10  
I have mu hydraulics venting quite a bit, so I just added some clear plastic hose and it has solved the problem. Doing this allows you to see what is happening and if you run the hose up to the top of the ROPS, there will be no mess.

Attachments

• Hydraulic Oil Tanks Connections 2.jpg
    Hydraulic Oil Tanks Connections 2.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 6,458