IPNS-Oval instrument panel wire colors questions

/ IPNS-Oval instrument panel wire colors questions #1  

acadian32

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 254
Display style.jpg

Good evening all, can anyone here tell me what is the color wire from this panel for A: the oil pressure gauge B: engine temperature gauge? I'm working on getting everything fix on my Jinma 254 and things are coming along pretty darn good now the previous owner ? cut the orange wire at the engine sensor and can't find the other end at all guys I search for countless hours and the problem is they use the orange wire not only for the engine gauge now my question is if I was to know the color on the panel = engine gauge I would be able to jump a new wire from the sensor to that panel wire and this should work. as for the oil pressure one this one may be a bit harder from some post I read some say purple wire and others say white I do have a purple close that looks like it should be the one but the oil pressure sensor has 2 connection on it so from Tractor discount " Tommy and Thomas " great service by the way got 2 new sensor and the plan is to pull put the old oil sensor and install the new one but only have the purple wire to use unless on here says that correct and the 2nd wire should be a ground then no problem but if for some reason the purple wire does not send signal to the panel gauge again if I was to know the panel wire colors functioned I could jump 2 new wires for that also directly to the panel. thank you all for any help.oil sender.jpg

/ IPNS-Oval instrument panel wire colors questions
Problem solved I follow every wire on the Jinma "all" I found the 2 wires that should have been used for the sensor oil pressure gauge working and engine one, the only one is the battery light stays on so will check alternator and batter charge and go from there.

/ IPNS-Oval instrument panel wire colors questions #4  
The blue light stays on all the time, that is just a reminder to turn the key off after shutting down the engine.

Hello Erj. the color chart and wire diagram will be helpful down the line but for the problem I was having is some idiot cut the wire off the sensors and nowhere to be found... and on top of that the engine one is = to Orange and all Orange I found on my tractor don't have numbers this is why I trace every wire harness opened the harness protective shields and finally I found the missing wire for the engine one.

As for the Oil pressure sensor the new one had 2 marking on it Y something and G so I connected the closest purple one no numbers on it but was just not being used and connect top Y and made a new ground wire connection to the transmission cover plate because I saw a video on youtube this guy was showing off his Jima and doing close up and paused it when he got to the oil sensor and notice the ground was connected to the trans plate and still was not working… well reverse the wires Purple on G and G on Y and voila sensor back on line and reading as per Jinma specification between 2.75 / 3

/ IPNS-Oval instrument panel wire colors questions #6  
Problem solved I follow every wire on the Jinma "all" I found the 2 wires that should have been used for the sensor oil pressure gauge working and engine one, the only one is the battery light stays on so will check alternator and batter charge and go from there.

The battery /charge light you refer to staying on is probably just the indicator light that tells you your key switch is on so when you turn off the engine you will also turn the key off so any accessories will not drain your battery as mentioned above. My DF has the same dash panel as many Chinese tractors and that probably what it is.

Nice unit.

Dave

/ IPNS-Oval instrument panel wire colors questions #7  
On my Jinma the battery indicator is slowly pulsing while tractor is working, it comes on about 50 % of normal brightness every 2 seconds or so, still have not found the source of it.

Thanks guys.