Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B)

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #71  
The Puget Sound area is really fortunate to have Bob Rooks and Shield-Arc, two friendly experts!!!!!!!!

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #72  
I found this information?

NAPA FIL3195 (gold)
That sounds familiar. I think it's the fuel filter. Not 100% sure though until I see it.

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B)
Yes. That is what is stated for the fuel filter. I just wanted to confirm with you.

Well you need something. Some sort of kind gesture. Ill think of something.

You help alot. Answer quickly and its educated responses that add value to the discussion.

I just wanted to post, and confirm for anyone who is looking that the filter listed above is in fact correct.

/ Advice on potential purchase (Nortrack 3500B) #78  
Very nice. Good work. What a story about the cows.

Hey everyone.

It has been awhile since I have posted.

I have been consumed with working on the jd 1020D and just recently got her up and running again.

Check out my other thread below that has been a work in progress for some time now. Big shout out to Tx. Jim and others who have helped me on the old girl. Gotta love the old iron diesels.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-vintage-tractors/372447-1969-jd-1020-diesel-6.html

Now back to my dozer. Over the winter I took out two of the Bradco backhoe cylinders and had those rebuilt.

They were leaking and just needed some good R&R.

It is relatively dry enough here in Western Wa. that I wanted to take it out last night into the pasture. To work the new cylinders, get to tear out some blackberry bushes, and move some rocks.

Well I made it about 15ft out of the barn before my hi-gear selector shaft sheared at the bottom. This was around 6 p.m. last night. Needless to say I was pissed, but I decided to well look into what the **** just went wrong.

I took the top cover plate off, after disassembling both gear selector shafts. The springs, boots, etc.

I then had to drain all of the transmission fluid to find the end of the shaft that obviously was gone. I needed a long magnet stick to get to it.

Please see the photos below. Can someone help me source this part? Or can I have it welded back up? If I can have it welded/fixed does it need to have that same shape as the low-gear shaft? That tapered end?

What material is this shaft made of?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Click on the photos to enlarge them.

IMG_0162.JPGIMG_0164.JPGIMG_0165.JPGIMG_0166.JPG