Homier Farm Pro Help

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #11  
I'd tell them you're contacting the attorney general in the state and the local trouble shooter at your news......... Enough is enough....Just my opinion......Good luck.....

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #12  
so - within 24 hours of being contacted about the problem the company agreed to replace the part at no cost....what exactly were we going to report to the Attorney General again??????

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #13  
It may not be criminal.. but it sure is sloppy work on homier's part. Considering this has already been goin on for a week+, and it was a waranty issue right? you'd think they would be a little more sympathetic and eager to please. After all.. if you paid for a new axle.. and they shipped you an obviously used one.. and it was broke to boot.. that would make for some unhappy feelings I would think.

At the GC I work for.. we've changed parts vendors before, over less.

Soundguy

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #14  
Soundguy, I agree with you to some extent, but:

Jinma has to be about the cheapest tractor made, and Homier is about the cheapest of the Jinma dealers...they obviously are not going to be putting a lot of money into customer service. If they actually manage to get the problem resolved in a few weeks, I'd say that was pretty good

Jeff

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #15  
Whoa, this has not been going on for a week, it was a week shipping the axle assembly. The defect/error was not discovered til yesterday.
Short summary: The poster went to a local Farm Pro dealer for help with the axle problem on a JINMA (not a farm pro, which I know is sort of like a square being a rectangle but a rectangle is not necessarily a square, but I think this is an important point).
The dealer arranged for Homier to ship an axle assembly to him and when it arrived and installed, it was found to be a defective unit That brings us to yesterday.

Communications with Homier by telephone are not the greatest, at times they are terrible and it is a weakness in their organization. After two years of doing business with them I have found them to be very interested in doing the right thing to get their customers going, once you get ahold of someone that is... I usually get a returned call within 8 working hours or less, quicker by email.

So before everyone jumps in and wants to condemn Homier in this situation please keep in mind:
1. they were willing to ship a major sub assembly to someone who had not purchased a tractor imported by them.

2. They had a unit in stock to ship (would have been sweet if it was a GOOD unit but it was probably pulled off of a parts tractor and was presumed to be good). I doubt there are just a lot of these complete front axle assemblies sitting on the shelves of the various Jinma importers as brand new never on a tractor units.

I suspect that they either were the only one to have a unit OR had the best price.

Anyway, Wayne has told us he will keep us all informed of the facts and so we should give Homier a chance to correct their error, which was shipping the defective unit.

I can understand Waynes frustration, and there are some other issues concerning dealer mark up and such that he has excersized discresion in making public, but I do think perhaps he was a bit early in taking this issue public, just my opinion, and just to clarify for those who may not already know, I am a Farm Pro dealer (I have answered some questions by email from Wayne on this matter but it was a dealer near him that sold him the axle)

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
Bluechip is right on most of this and I must say he has been a big help to me in diagnosing this problem and trying to get it resolved as has Tommy over at Affordable. I am trying my best to stick to the facts and very reluctant to point fingers or badmouth anybody. Here is just a couple of details.

When I discovered my axle had damage in the wheel hub and the differential box it was apparent this was going to require in my opinion an experienced mechanic to do the repair. You can see an early post where a fellow member offered to sell me a new axle he purchased and never used. I considered the price and decided to find the nearest servicing dealer willing to look at my axle and estimate repairs before purchasing a new axle. I did check a couple of places we all know to ship the unit off but when you consider shipping, hourly shop rate and parts that was approaching the cost of a new unit. Anyway I phoned the nearest Farm Pro dealer (100 miles away) and explained exactly what my situation was. He said to bring it up and he would have a look. I took it up the next morning to the dealer and after examining the broken axle he went inside and looked up the price for a new one. I felt better about purchasing from a dealer with a physical address and location I could drive to eventhough I do not own a Farm Pro tractor. I had taken my parts manual along and the dealer assured me they were identical. I thought Farm Pro would welcome our business whether we purchased from them or not. The axle was ordered on Tuesday February 8th and arrived Tuesday February 15th. Tuesday evening I thought something with the new part did not feel right and after e-mailing Chip and Tommy for advice I dropped the axle back off the tractor, removed the differential inspection port and could readily see three stripped gears. That is when I began to make phone calls and try and resovle this problem.

In my opinion our forums share information for numerous issues including this one. The objective is to help each other out and make the Jinma community better. Hopefully when this is all said and done that will be the case.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #17  
Wayne,
maybe I didn't choose my words right. I so not want to give an impression that you should not have gone to a farm Pro dealer for help. It is obvious your dealer welcomed your business. It is not unusual, I have had Agri Cats, Jinmas, Work Traks, and even have a Shenniu in my shop at present. Of course we deal in Jinma and KAMA as well as Farm Pro so we may be a different than most, and I will be the first to admit that not all Farm Pro dealers are qualified to work on every brand (or any) Chinese tractor.

I don't want to make it sound as if it was Homier's error to sell to you, their error clearly was sending a part that shouldn't have been sent.

These posts tend to develope a life of thier own, Soundguy's comment even painted this as a Farm Pro tractor warranty issue and some have taken the position already that Homier has commited some crime worthy of attention of the attorney general! For that reason, I think it is prudent to try to work things out before airing the issue publicly. You can see how these posts have ripple effects that may not be justified in every case.

Basically I was trying to say that this situation only became a problem for Homier when they made a attempt to help solve your problem, one that did not initially involve thier product. They goofed and now it is reflecting poorly on thier business. Hopefully for everyone, they will make the exchange and redeem themselves very soon.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #18  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Wayne,
maybe I didn't choose my words right. I so not want to give an impression that you should not have gone to a farm Pro dealer for help. It is obvious your dealer welcomed your business. It is not unusual, I have had Agri Cats, Jinmas, Work Traks, and even have a Shenniu in my shop at present. Of course we deal in Jinma and KAMA as well as Farm Pro so we may be a different than most, and I will be the first to admit that not all Farm Pro dealers are qualified to work on every brand (or any) Chinese tractor.

I don't want to make it sound as if it was Homier's error to sell to you, their error clearly was sending a part that shouldn't have been sent.

These posts tend to develope a life of thier own, Soundguy's comment even painted this as a Farm Pro tractor warranty issue and some have taken the position already that Homier has commited some crime worthy of attention of the attorney general! For that reason, I think it is prudent to try to work things out before airing the issue publicly. You can see how these posts have ripple effects that may not be justified in every case.

Basically I was trying to say that this situation only became a problem for Homier when they made a attempt to help solve your problem, one that did not initially involve thier product. They goofed and now it is reflecting poorly on thier business. Hopefully for everyone, they will make the exchange and redeem themselves very soon.
)</font>

Not to hijack this thread, but since you mentioned Shenniu Chip. What were you impressions of it? There is a guy here in Ohio who sells them and i wonder how they stack up against the other Chinese brands.

Thanks, Durbob

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #19  
Just wondering how old your tractor is? Was it under warranty? Did you check with the dealer you bought it from? Do you drive it in 4 wheel drive alot? Do you drive on hard or semi firm surfaces in 4wd? Also you may want to send your old axle out to be repaired and then you would have a spare!!!

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
Front Axle Replacement Update. It's Friday February 18th and right before lunch Butch Michaelson with Homier Farm Pro called and then faxed me a return shipping form. I prepared the return axle for shipping and at 4PM this afternoon Overnight Express picked it up. It sure is nice to have some good news for a change! Hopefully, the turn around time to send me a new axle will be short.
The answers to the questions above are right here
:http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../579863/page/1/view/collapsed/sb/5/o//fpart/1