Quick Disconnect option

/ Quick Disconnect option #1  

KrisR

I am making the final decisions and was hoping to get feedback on the quick disconnect vs. standard loader. Also, how is the loader at snow removal (looking for advise from other Upstaters). Lastly, the loader will be used around my 15 acres, nothing too extreme, any reason why I shouldn't go with the chinese loader? Thanks

/ Quick Disconnect option #2  
Kris, I went with the Koyker loader because that's what my dealer sold. It is a quick attach but has never been removed from the tractor and I wonder if it ever will. I don't have many trees to mow around so it isn't in my way. Several TBNers have the Chinese loader and most seem happy with them. Just don't go without the FEL, you want one!!!!!

/ Quick Disconnect option #3  
Snow Removal? I'm from upstate NY. I have a Cranky Ford F350 deisel with a 9 foot blade that don't fit in the heated garage under the house. So far it's always started but there is no doubt there will be the day.... My Jinma fits in the heated garage...I can count on that. The loader clearing my 650 foot driveway is a slow process. I'm looking for a light duty snow blade to put in the loader bucket... Something like they use to put on the early import pickups & Chevy S10 4x4's... 6 foot & not very heavy. Just my take on the snow control thing. With the distance I go it would just be MUCH quicker to angle the blade & push to the side rather than bucket pushing a pile & then having to deal with the pile. For shorter runs I'm sure it would work just fine... I'm told the Chinese loaders if I understand correctly, have no float in the control valve. You'd definately need float for snow plowing. The Chinese valve could be changed out to an American standard loader valve with float but then there goes some of the savings gained with the Chinese loader..
I've got a koyker 160. On a LEVEL surface ( concrete pad or paved driveway ) the loader will off/on in less than 5 minutes. On unpaved ground that LOOKS level...Seems there's usually a little wrast'lin match involved.. My only debate was should I have went for the Koyker 140? While the 160 is a GOOD match for a 200 series Jinma it's a little overkill, again just my thought on the idea...

/ Quick Disconnect option #4  
For the investment I would also recommend the Koyker 160. It comes with the quick disconnects and once you learn how to hit the sweet spots it goes on/off in minutes. I had one warranty request and the experience was very good.

/ Quick Disconnect option #5  
Hi Kris: I also am in upstate NY.I have a 284 Jinma with the Chinese loader & woodchipper. Although it isn't quick to remove the loader,I sometimes just remove the bucket, (4 bolts)that makes it small enough for what I need, as for clearing snow,I didn't like using the bucket,and I'm now looking for a rear sno blower unit for it,but I now have my drive and parking area paved so it should be ok for a blower,,as for the use,quality and price of the Jinma I'm fully satisfied, The only thing I don't especially like about the Chinese loader is it's always "powered down,"no float but that just takes getting used to. but if I had to do it again I'd get a Koyker.

/ Quick Disconnect option #6  
Outside of moving piled up snow, I have never head from anyone that a FEL was much use for snow removal. A rear blade or blower is much better. Some have rigged up front blades for snow removal.

For occasional use, the ZL20 will be fine. Best wheelbarrow ever made. I leave mine on all the time, but don't do any yard mowing. Haven't heard of a quick disconnect option for the ZL20, though. The old ZL20's were more quick disconnect, than newer ones. ie the newer ones bolts directly to front mounts. If the choice is no FEL or ZL20, get a ZL20. If ZL20 or Koyker, get a Koyker.

/ Quick Disconnect option #7  
I'm also from Upstate NY in Columbia County. I have a 224 with a Koyker 160 FEL with 5' bucket with float. I mostly use the back blade to push the snow and the FEL when I need to move some.
Using only the FEL is a lot of work and time consuming. The back blade makes quicker work but is hard on the neck.
I too like F100Panel am going to mount a light plow in the bucket with quick attach and use that. When needed I can remove plow and use FEL.
If you do get a FEL I suggest a Koyker and go the extra and get float. The float option makes the bucket follow the contour of the ground and eliminates the gouging when scraping snow, dirt etc.

/ Quick Disconnect option
Thanks for all of the input! Looks like I'll be going with the koyker and a back blade.
This may be a rookie question, but when you guys talk about attaching a plow to the bucket, you would just chain and ratchet it in, right?
Also, does anyone make a cab (soft or hard) for the jinma or kama. Thanks

/ Quick Disconnect option #9  
When we speak of (at least me) of attaching a snow plow to the bucket I mean welding/bolting a couple of brackets in the bucket so the plow can be attached/disconnected just like on a pick-up truck, pull a couple pins and its off. I would use a manual angle plow just for simplicity but a hydraulic angle plow could be used with some plumbing.
I think Northern sells soft cabs for Jinma. Maybe Curtis Cabs should be checked too. Some guys have made custom hard cabs. Others have made custom soft cabs out of welding curtain.

/ Quick Disconnect option #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm looking for a light duty snow blade to put in the loader bucket... Something like they use to put on the early import pickups & Chevy S10 4x4's... 6 foot & not very heavy )</font>

what about some kind of 3pt hitch hookup for the bucket.. then mount a 3pt angle blade.

I've seen others mount 3pt equipment upfront.. looks kinda odd.. but works.

Soundguy