Quick Disconnect option

/ Quick Disconnect option #11  
I was stationed in upstate NY a few years ago and we had a JD we used for everything. We were in the Fingerlakes region and got occasional HEAVY lake effect snow. We built a custom mount for the front of the frame that held a conventional pickup snowplow. We could leave the FEL on when we ran this setup.

With the plow set straight, the FEL could reach the ground in front of the plow blade. You had to make sure you raised the FEL before you angled the blade though and we could not get the normal full angle out of this setup due to tire clearance, but it worked pretty well.

The FEL wasn't all that great for moving the snow but it sure was handy for lifting/pushing it up and over the huge snowbanks we made around the parking lot. The best setup in my opinion would have been to remove the bucket and put the blade in it's place on the FEL. You would still need a mount assembly that allowed the blade to be angled. This would really have alowed us to push the top of the snow piles back. I have seen pics of this type setup, Maybe on John's site(winter Jinma?).

/ Quick Disconnect option #12  
Good question, where are those pics? I do remember having some pics of a truck snow plow blade mounted to a FEL, but cant seem to find them /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Here is WayneE's winter set-up web page and Paul's north of the border Jinma web page

/ Quick Disconnect option #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Good question, where are those pics?)</font>

John I have done so much tractor research over the past few months that I don't recall exactly where I saw them now. I thought it was on your site, but this wouldn't be the first time I thought wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Quick Disconnect option #14  
Sometimes it is hard to find when it is right in front of you! Here it is: web page