Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #51  
Oh and i forgot to add. of course the smaller the crank pulley the less drag you have from all accessories, thus more HP!!

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup
(I just don't know how these little engines would hold up to more boost. But there is that extra pulley on the Crankshaft for a compressor!!!! But then that would be SuperCharging the engine, with no lag, like in a Turbocharger.)

You got me thinking,
Last night I spent some time researching turbochargers and superchargers. I found a couple that look like they would work. However, there appears to be one problem: Getting more fuel into the engine.

Turbo Chargers and Superchargers allow you to stuff more air into the engine, but that alone does not increase H.P. (except if you already have too much fuel going into the cylinders, 'high altitude' ect. You would know this by black soot coming out of the exhaust)

My engine never blows any black soot (I have even adjusted my mirror so that I can see the exhaust under all loading conditions) So I can't say that I have extra fuel to burn at any time. (Not suprising, as Jinma is trying to meet EPA)

Some injector pumps have a screw called a "Maxumum Load Adjustment" or MLA. This allows you to set the amount of fuel going into the cylinders under maximum load.

I looked on the net last night and could find no web sites that define any of the adjustments on the Jinma or Yangdong pumps.

Can any of you guys help me find out?

It would be the first step in putting a Turbo on my truck.

Let me know... I willing to try..

Hum.. a Turbocharged Jinma.....(sounds like fun!!)

-Dan-

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #53  
Hey Dan, I have a old Injector pump that went bad, If you want I can send it to you to dis-assemble to see if there is any adjustments?? Let me know

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
Bellville,Texas web page

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #54  
Not trying to hijack the thread but this is an interesting article along the same lines.

German Loremo AG will introduce their ultra Efficient Car at the Motor Show 2006 (site) in Geneva next week.

The car start-up developed a light-weight passenger car with outstanding aerodynamics. The Loremo LS is powered by a 2 cylinder Turbo Diesel engine with 20 hp and 160km/h top speed. The amazing thing is that the Loremo only needs 1.5l per 100km. This is approx. 157MPG!
The Toyota Prius hybrid has only 55MPG (combined city and highway).
With one tank (20l) you could drive 1,300km.

They are also going to offer a 50HP. If you would like to check it out here is the web site.

http://www.i4u.com/article5165.html

Mark

(Hey Dan, I have a old Injector pump that went bad, If you want I can send it to you to dis-assemble to see if there is any adjustments?? Let me know)

Tommy,
What a great offer, and of course I will take you up on it!!
I will post the results here.

If I can get this pump from you it may be the missing link in putting a Turbo on my truck. And the information will probably be of interest to others as well.

Can I contact you via "Affordable Tractor"?

Thanks again...

-Dan-

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #56  
How long have you lived in Aumsville? My family is from there, family name of Priddy.

Ron

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #57  
I believe turbo charging a diesel will require not only more fuel but also changes in the injection and valve timing.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #58  
I wonder if these "light weight cars" will pass US safty regs?
I think it would be great to have an old Mazda truck with a 28 hp disel for driving around fields etc.... I don't think I would want to drive one in traffic. It is not safe to drive under powered cars. I drove a VW bus for years so I know. It was ok in the 55 mph days. I would love to have a 4x4 small truck to pull my manure spreader around etc... Or an old jeep. I think they would be better then these side by side utility vehicle everyone is selling today.
I have discussed high gas milage light weight plastic cars with engineers before. Everyone agreed that you could get outstanding gas mileage but they would not be safe in a crash. Much worse then motor cycle etc.... I question this on the German cars...Some of my thoughts.

Well, Guys...I have a small problem,

My brother came over this weekend and helped me on the Mazda..... It appears that I have a leaking head gasket. (I probably waited too long to torque the head bolts)

I have small droplets of black oil in the coolent recovery tank, and I have a steady stream of vapor coming out of the radiator recovery feed hose hose, that pulses with the engine rpm.

The truck has been pushing coolent out of the recovery tank for a couple of weeks now, and I was wondering if something had gone wrong.

Any ideas?

-Dan-

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #60  
"any ideas"

Yep, sounds exactly like a leaking headgasket. Shouldn't ever loose coolant from the recovery tank. The level should change between hot and cold engine but if it is blowing out of the tank, the pressure to do so is comming from somewhere(overheat/boilover or combustion pressure leaking past cylinder head). Oil/carbon in the overflow tank would also lead me to think it is comming from the cylinder head gasket. Since it is an overead valve engine, it should only take you a little while to replace it.