Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #121  
   / Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #122  
perhaps a nice lush soft fibre gasket and some indian head, assuming deck and head are true.

I've had good luck with felpro kits...

also.. it goes without saying.. but are they being re torqued after being warmed?

soundguy

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup
Thanks to all of you for your comments. I plan to use the after-market head bolts. I may machine up a soft copper head gasket.
I will let you know how it goes.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #124  
I plan to use the after-market head bolts. I may machine up a soft copper head gasket.

Headbolts or studs?
When making a headgasket you have to consider volumetric effiency. This directly affects engine performace, fuel economy, and longevity. Not to mention the EPA. Be careful.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #125  
Y385T cylinder gaskets with different quality. You'd better find good one .

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #126  
Hey Dan the family man:

Any UPDATES on your setup??? It has been a year and still wondering if you got it all back to running and if so how things were doing & how many miles/hours you had on her.

thanks

Mark

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #127  
I would be interested in a update too. I would like to see some pictures of the setup.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup
Hello Everyone,
I have still not replaced the head gasket, I will be getting to it once summer is over and I get it into the shop. The Mazda has 40,000 miles on it with the Jinma engine and other than the head gasket, the engine and pickup are in great shape. I will be selling the pickup this fall and moving onto my next project. If any of you are interested in it, please let me know, my email is dan@psi-mfg.com

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #130  
Hello Everyone,
I have still not replaced the head gasket, I will be getting to it once summer is over and I get it into the shop. The Mazda has 40,000 miles on it with the Jinma engine and other than the head gasket, the engine and pickup are in great shape. I will be selling the pickup this fall and moving onto my next project. If any of you are interested in it, please let me know, my email is dan@psi-mfg.com

HEY Dan: Any luck getting the JM-Mazda up running and sold or still got it going?? Would be great to know what projects ya got going and your old pickup's status, just read up on a Kubota powered car wining/tying with the GREEN energy awards in the BUILD IT YOURSELF forum ( http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/310439-200-mpg-kubota-car-really.html )

ANYHOW STAY IN TOUCH!

Mark

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
John Deere Hipper (A33041)
John Deere Hipper...
International Weights (A33041)
International...
Lincoln SAF 600 Arc Welder, 3-Phase (A33349)
Lincoln SAF 600...
2013 Komatsu D51PX-22 Crawler Dozer (A33548)
2013 Komatsu...
Electric Motors (A33041)
Electric Motors...