Dozer: Case 350B rock guards

/ Dozer: Case 350B rock guards #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
Ok, i did it, i bought a "little" Dozer. I read here all the pro's and cons, and decided to throw the dice on a '76 Case that is in overall good condition. It needs some TLC: missing a few nuts/bolts here and there, the track plates need tightining, complete fliud change, spool valve leaking a bit, throttle linkage needs adjusting. On up side, the tranny is 2 years new, rear end was rebuilt, sprockets and related trac components have very little wear showing, hyrdalic pump was replaced a few years ago, engine starts and runs strong, has a heavy duty ROPS cage. What it is missing are the rock guards....there should be 2 on each trac. I have "googled" myself silly, and haven't come up with a set, so i am hoping that someone here can give me a line on where to look, or should i fabricate some?. I have a lot of limestone rock here, so i think that they will help keep me from throwing a trac off from time to time.
Oh yeah, it hasn't been delivered yet, so the pic's will have to wait.....
RD

/ Dozer: Case 350B rock guards #2  
Congrats on your dozer.

I have a Case dozer too, and have found that it's very, very hard to beat the dealers price on parts. I've tried, and for filters and hoses, Napa is allot cheaper, but for just about everything else, the dealer is pretty competitive.

My New Holland parts guys are the best. If they don't have it, or if it's crazy expensive, they will tell me where I can get it cheaper. It never hurts to ask, most of the parts guys I've come across are pretty helpful.

One sourse you might want to look into is to find a printed paper version of the Machinery Trader. Construction Equipment at Machinery Trader: Caterpillar, Komatsu, Case, John Deere, Volvo

I don't subscibe to the paper, but have come across copies of it from time to time and there is a section in it that has all sorts of classifieds for heavy equipment parts. Belly pans, plates and probably rock guards. Maybe you can find something at there website?

Eddie

/ Dozer: Case 350B rock guards
Ok Eddie, i wll look up the local Case dealer.....thanks

/ Dozer: Case 350B rock guards #4  
Try Broken Tractor dot com or 877-509-0666 or Paint Valley Equipment @ 877-774-0081 have bought parts off both and the service and price is good

/ Dozer: Case 350B rock guards #5  
I constructed a set of rock gaurds for a D4 6U, they are not hard to make.
Track frame removal is neccessary and if a pattern from a similar machine can be taken, fabrication will be easier.

/ Dozer: Case 350B rock guards #6  
Try KENCO Mfg. or 1-800-522-5231. They make all kinds of parts for dozers.:D

Thanks guys, i'll try your contacts also....

RD

RW,
What thickness steel did you use? I looked at a set on a Deere 450, and they had a honecomb type pattern. Would flat bar work, or would it be too weak? Any pic's of your fab? Thanks......

RD

Pic's....

Attachments

• Dozer 006 (Small).jpg
    Dozer 006 (Small).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,653
  • Dozer 012 (Small).jpg
    Dozer 012 (Small).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,622
  • Dozer 014 (Small).jpg
    Dozer 014 (Small).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 3,295
   / Dozer: Case 350B rock guards #10  
My septic leach fields was dug with one of those 350s, but yours
looks MUCH nicer. The crawler with backhoe was the only way to
dig my 6' deep trenches on a 40% hillside.