5234d cub cadet

/ 5234d cub cadet #11  
I am not hostile towards Cub Cadet. I had a very good dealer and Cub tried to do what they could for me. There are major issues with the 5000 series tractors and Cub knows it. And yes, everytime I see posting regarding the 5000 series tractors I will chime in with my experiences. Everytime.

I recommend that someone looking at a 5000 Series Cub look at the other brands of sub-cuts instead (Massey, Kubota, NH or JD) until Yanmar or another reputable manufacturer is building sub-cuts for Cub/MTD.

Good luck with your 5000 Series tractor Mike.

/ 5234d cub cadet #12  
Mike,

Well put! Been waiting to hear that.

I have a 2005 model 5254 with 180 hours on it. You would not believe the work my machine has been through. Almost all of the hours are with the 4wd engaged. This machine has surpassed my expectations many times over. My tractor is not abused but sure has been worked hard.

Alan

/ 5234d cub cadet #13  
wojnaroski said:
Mike,

Well put! Been waiting to hear that.

I have a 2005 model 5254 with 180 hours on it. You would not believe the work my machine has been through. Almost all of the hours are with the 4wd engaged. This machine has surpassed my expectations many times over. My tractor is not abused but sure has been worked hard.

Alan

Is that a whole 180 hours or 180.5? Watch out for that frony axle locking up around 200 hours. Tha's when the freezing front axle problem usually pops up according to Cub. I hope you have your seat belt buckled when it does...

/ 5234d cub cadet #14  
Hard said:
Mike, good luck with your tractor. However, I hope that when you are making a recommendation that you at least let that person know of the well documented, significant, problems of the 5000 Series. Cub Cadet is very aware of them.

Its unfortunate you had a problem or two but you are still in the minority since for a number of years they have good reviews. You had the bad luck, it dosent mean everybody will. And overall its a rare that it happens twice or at all...

Duc

/ 5234d cub cadet #15  
Hard said:
And yes, everytime I see posting regarding the 5000 series tractors I will chime in with my experiences. Everytime.

Thats to bad because that would be viewed as confrontational and you would probably shown the door...

I know I wont want to be reading your experiences on the Cub forum just because you had a bad time on every single post or inquiry. Some of us care what the others think and feel. Remember Its not about you on these threads

/ 5234d cub cadet #16  
ducati996 said:
Its unfortunate you had a problem or two but you are still in the minority since for a number of years they have good reviews. You had the bad luck, it dosent mean everybody will. And overall its a rare that it happens twice or at all...

Duc

"A problem or two".....That's a huge understatement to say the least. You don't have a clue duc.:rolleyes:

/ 5234d cub cadet #17  
What you had Hard is called bum's luck, and it happens. It's best to just put it aside and get on with life. If I were to chime in on every Mitsubishi forum on earth crying about what a POS my 1991 Galant was (and is WAS, believe me!) people would get sick of hearing about it, and would lose their respect for me calling me a whiner and crybaby, because just like every 1991 Galant was not a POS, neither was every Cub 5000 series. Nobody likes the look or taste of stale moldy bread, and when others here told me I should knock it off about my comments about the Cub 1000 series, I respected the constructive criticism they sent my way and left the subject alone for the owners of those machines to get the best positive responses they could get here at TBN in regards to their tractors. Like Mitsubishi did for me Cub Cadet made what looks to be 100% ammends to you, and you did not look to have to argue or struggle with Cub the way I did with Mitsu. So if you are even or ahead of the game, your complaints are just outrageous.

Rather than cry here, your signature says it all about why you bought a new JD. Head to the JD forum and talk about the positive things and help others with JD 2320 questions. It will make you feel better, believe me, and will keep your showing as a repectable tractor man.

-Fordlords-

/ 5234d cub cadet #18  
It is no secret that Cub Cadet has had several problems with their 5000 series compact tractors. It is also no secret that there are hundreds of satisfied 5000 series owners out there today. Cub is looking (and by most accounts have found) a company to alliance with for their compact tractors.

All companies make bad machines, the Ford Focus was plauged by problems for years but that car has been by all accounts a success for Ford. It is unfortunate that Hard has had the problems he has had but I am glad he now has a machine he believes he can depend on.

/ 5234d cub cadet #19  
Fordlords said:
What you had Hard is called bum's luck, and it happens. It's best to just put it aside and get on with life. If I were to chime in on every Mitsubishi forum on earth crying about what a POS my 1991 Galant was (and is WAS, believe me!) people would get sick of hearing about it, and would lose their respect for me calling me a whiner and crybaby, because just like every 1991 Galant was not a POS, neither was every Cub 5000 series. Nobody likes the look or taste of stale moldy bread, and when others here told me I should knock it off about my comments about the Cub 1000 series, I respected the constructive criticism they sent my way and left the subject alone for the owners of those machines to get the best positive responses they could get here at TBN in regards to their tractors. Like Mitsubishi did for me Cub Cadet made what looks to be 100% ammends to you, and you did not look to have to argue or struggle with Cub the way I did with Mitsu. So if you are even or ahead of the game, your complaints are just outrageous.

Rather than cry here, your signature says it all about why you bought a new JD. Head to the JD forum and talk about the positive things and help others with JD 2320 questions. It will make you feel better, believe me, and will keep your showing as a repectable tractor man.

-Fordlords-

Ummmm, I thought the purpose of these message boards was to exchange useful info. The original poster asked for peoples' experiences with a particular tractor. Hard gave his story with his Cub. Just because it wasn't a happy story doesn't mean it wasn't appropriate or useful. I don't think his post was outrageous at all.

/ 5234d cub cadet
After thinking this over I have decided to get it, I am going to pick it up Thursday this week. I am very pumped. I know that some people have had problems with this model, but I am willing to take the risk. We have gotten all our cub tractors from this dealer and are always satisfied. The way I look at it is that if there are problems, it seems that cub stands behind the product and are always willing to make good. I think and hope that it will hold up, and work well for me. I have a z force 44, and beat the heck out of it and it has not failed yet. I know the 5234D is a lot bigger and more money than the z force, but the quality I like so I am going for it.