5234d cub cadet

/ 5234d cub cadet #21  
natem1984 said:
After thinking this over I have decided to get it, I am going to pick it up Thursday this week. I am very pumped. I know that some people have had problems with this model, but I am willing to take the risk. We have gotten all our cub tractors from this dealer and are always satisfied. The way I look at it is that if there are problems, it seems that cub stands behind the product and are always willing to make good. I think and hope that it will hold up, and work well for me. I have a z force 44, and beat the heck out of it and it has not failed yet. I know the 5234D is a lot bigger and more money than the z force, but the quality I like so I am going for it.

Good luck with your 5234D. I hope you don't have the problems I did. Did you ever find out if it is a 2004 model?

/ 5234d cub cadet #22  
Congratulations. We look forward to seeing pictures of the new baby once it gets home.

/ 5234d cub cadet
I was happy to find that it was an 05

/ 5234d cub cadet #24  
Hard said:
Good luck with your 5234D. I hope you don't have the problems I did. Did you ever find out if it is a 2004 model?
Is it true what I read earlier in this thread that Cub reimbursed you for the problematic tractor(s) complete? If so I'd say that at least Cub as a Company stood up for you. What happened to the second tractors engine? Sounds like a dealer issue if they couldn't diagnose the problem. They should have mandated a confidentiality clause when they settled with you if they wanted you silenced.

John

/ 5234d cub cadet #25  
NewToy said:
Is it true what I read earlier in this thread that Cub reimbursed you for the problematic tractor(s) complete? If so I'd say that at least Cub as a Company stood up for you. What happened to the second tractors engine? Sounds like a dealer issue if they couldn't diagnose the problem. They should have mandated a confidentiality clause when they settled with you if they wanted you silenced.

John

No mandate or request that I be silent.

The engine could not be fixed by the dealer, Cub Cadet or Diahatsu (engine manufacturer). My dealer was great and Cub did what they could, but it took 2 years and a great deal of patience to finally get a resolution. I wish my Cub dealer offered another line/brand of small compact or sub-compact tractors. I surely would have bought another tractor from him.

/ 5234d cub cadet #26  
I have no experience with owning a Cub Cadet 5000 series. However, I wanted the 5234 and looked and researched for about 1 year before making my tractor purchase. If you search for internet reviews of the 5234 you will come up with over 75% of the reviews being negative due to reliabity issues. Whether these numbers or skewed or not, they are very excessive when compared to green, orange, blue and red. This research plus my local dealer steered me toward a reliable green purchase.

I sincerely hope everyone who owns a CC has good luck. But I wouldn't spend the same money (within $1k) on an unknown when you can buy other highly rated tractors for the same price.

Just my $0.02.

/ 5234d cub cadet #27  
Having worked at an auto dealer for over 25 years, is it at all possible that the problems that Hard had with his Cub Cadets was due to the quaility of the repairs? I have seen very good techs and also some that maybe were lacking the proper training to repair and diag properly. In my shop, many times when a vehicle came back for the same problem, it was caused by a poor repair attempt the first time and not because the parts installed were defective. Maybe Hard had some bad luck or just maybe the bad luck was caused by others. Don't want to stir up a hornet's nest but it looks like Cub Cadet stood by thier product.

/ 5234d cub cadet #28  
joelaudi said:
Having worked at an auto dealer for over 25 years, is it at all possible that the problems that Hard had with his Cub Cadets was due to the quaility of the repairs? I have seen very good techs and also some that maybe were lacking the proper training to repair and diag properly. In my shop, many times when a vehicle came back for the same problem, it was caused by a poor repair attempt the first time and not because the parts installed were defective. Maybe Hard had some bad luck or just maybe the bad luck was caused by others. Don't want to stir up a hornet's nest but it looks like Cub Cadet stood by thier product.

You most likely wont see Hard stopping by anytime soon in the Cub forum. Lots of folks got tired of his crap - and let him know it

/ 5234d cub cadet #29  
cdhd2001 said:
I have no experience with owning a Cub Cadet 5000 series. However, I wanted the 5234 and looked and researched for about 1 year before making my tractor purchase. If you search for internet reviews of the 5234 you will come up with over 75% of the reviews being negative due to reliabity issues. Whether these numbers or skewed or not, they are very excessive when compared to green, orange, blue and red. This research plus my local dealer steered me toward a reliable green purchase.

I sincerely hope everyone who owns a CC has good luck. But I wouldn't spend the same money (within $1k) on an unknown when you can buy other highly rated tractors for the same price.

Just my $0.02.

I doubt its been that high but you are welcome to your opinion. You actually have to own a unit of a particular color to actually validate what is found on the internet. Just by these Cub threads on this forum alone the majority is postive

/ 5234d cub cadet #30  
ducati996 said:
I doubt its been that high but you are welcome to your opinion. You actually have to own a unit of a particular color to actually validate what is found on the internet. Just by these Cub threads on this forum alone the majority is postive

True, you have to own one to really know if it is worth it. My point is that if the majority of the reviews are negative on ANY product, it is best to stay away from it.

Also, while I am happy with my new tractor purchase, if it turns out to be anything less than I expected I will be very vocal about it. For this kind of money you expect to have a well built product.

Lastly, I wish everyone who has a CC many years of quality seat time!:)