Emergency light mount for Kubota

/ Emergency light mount for Kubota #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Well considering I'm using my new Kubota L4240 strictly for snow clearing I figured I'd better get the strobe light off my now retired plow truck and adapt it to the tractor.
The roof of those tractors are plastic so I didn't want to mount the light up there plus I didn't want to drill any holes in the roof.

The design I came up with was to take some 3/4 pipe and bend it so I could attach it to the bracket on the top signal lights with using the exsiting bolts. The bracket up there was very strong and factory welded to the frame of the cab. The light it's self had magnets that held it to the trucks roof so I removed them and put rubber pads in there place. The wiring will be ran inside the pipe with a plug just under the light in case I need to remove it. Anyway here's what I've done.

Attachments

• DSC03458.jpg
    DSC03458.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 731
  • What.jpg
    What.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC03461.jpg
    DSC03461.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC03462.jpg
    DSC03462.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 654
   / Emergency light mount for Kubota
Some pics of light on the tractor

Attachments

• DSC03048.jpg
    DSC03048.jpg
    668.7 KB · Views: 830
  • DSC03049.jpg
    DSC03049.jpg
    943.6 KB · Views: 600
  • DSC03051.jpg
    DSC03051.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 691
   / Emergency light mount for Kubota #3  
Nice job, very professional looking. Jealous of your rig.

/ Emergency light mount for Kubota #5  
Wow I cant believe in your second picture that you bent that by hand!!!!:D:D

Good idea, I wouldn't want to drill into my roof. I got lucky on my tractor. The roof itself is plastic, but I have a roof vent that opens up and the top of that is metal so I just stuck my magnetic light on that and ran the wire through the door.

Nice looking job.

Well considering I'm using my new Kubota L4240 strictly for snow clearing I figured I'd better get the strobe light off my now retired plow truck and adapt it to the tractor.
The roof of those tractors are plastic so I didn't want to mount the light up there plus I didn't want to drill any holes in the roof.

The design I came up with was to take some 3/4 pipe and bend it so I could attach it to the bracket on the top signal lights with using the exsiting bolts. The bracket up there was very strong and factory welded to the frame of the cab. The light it's self had magnets that held it to the trucks roof so I removed them and put rubber pads in there place. The wiring will be ran inside the pipe with a plug just under the light in case I need to remove it. Anyway here's what I've done.

/ Emergency light mount for Kubota #6  
Great job, looks like a factory option but better made.

/ Emergency light mount for Kubota #7  
Great job on the light bar. Is there a lot of vibration of the light since the weight point of the light is far forward of the centerline mounting points?

Also, I noticed that you have a red and amber lens on your led lights. The red is facing forward. I might be wrong, but doesn't DOT regs state that red to the rear and amber to the front?

The original lights were dual amber. Are the lenses replaceable to run dual amber?

Just an observation

Great job on the light bar. Is there a lot of vibration of the light since the weight point of the light is far forward of the centerline mounting points?

Also, I noticed that you have a red and amber lens on your led lights. The red is facing forward. I might be wrong, but doesn't DOT regs state that red to the rear and amber to the front?

The original lights were dual amber. Are the lenses replaceable to run dual amber?

Just an observation

Actually when I designed the light bar I thought of the protential vibration but I was very surprised to see just how ridged the bar and the light is up there.

The light it's self isn't very heavy because it's the strobe version and not the revolving type. It looks deceiving but it's much stronger looking than it appears. If it had been anything other than that I would have made it a different way.

As for the look. I really liked the forward look. It put the light farther ahead and made the whole system look like it belonged there. None of the locals ever noticed it on the tractor so I'll consider it a success for that reason.

As for the top signal lights. In Newfoundland we can have them either way. I would have liked to have amber/amber but with these LED's there are no lens. The lens are the individual lights.

Great observations my friend and thanks for your comments!

/ Emergency light mount for Kubota #9  
Paul,

Very impressive stuff on your picture link. It is obvious from your work that you are quite a craftsman! Wish I had a fraction of those skills.

Paul,

Very impressive stuff on your picture link. It is obvious from your work that you are quite a craftsman! Wish I had a fraction of those skills.

Thanks Mike. Really appreciate your comment. Glad you enjoyed viewing the stuff. I just take one project at a time and do my best to do it right. I bet you could do the same as well.

Right now I'm restoring an old Toyota forklift but with a custom touch :D I got the engine work done. All new mast bearings installed and today I did the sandblasting. Man I hate sandbleasing :mad:

Thanks again Mike. Stay well. Paul

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 351
  • sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 333