Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Default bucket mod

Well considering I'm going to be plowing snow and snow only with my tractor I've never liked the fact that the back side of the bucket wasn't very high. All the equipment I've ever operated that had a bucket always had an extension on the top of the bucket to reduce the chance of snow falling off the bucket and either hitting the engine hood or the windshield. I decided to change my bucket and this is how it turned out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -b4-1-jpg   -b6-jpg   -b7-jpg   -b8-jpg  
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor

Default Re: bucket mod

Completed pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -b9-jpg   -b14-jpg  

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TYM T353 HST / TX3500 Loader

Nice piece of work!

I wish I could weld / fabricate like that. I just had a buddy fab a 12" high expanded mesh extension like yours, surrounded and braced by 2"W x 1/4" thick flat steel. I have a 6' SS utility bucket for snow use, and wanted to make my 5' factory dirt bucket more versatile in the brush pushing and piling department.

It also acts as a decent brush guard when tooling around the woods and swamp, and I can still see through it fairly well for close-in work.
    TYM T353 HST w/TX3500 Loader / Faver SCX526LT Grapple / Woods BB60X Rotary Mower

Tractor
    kubota B26 TLB,former B7610 owner

Really nice job.Looks like a factory option.

I know how long it takes to do a job like this and come out looking that good.Someday(when i get some time off work)i'm also going to make something like this but out of expanded metal mesh(as already mentioned)
    but i want to make mine removable,just in case.I also would like to make a matching guard out of expanded metal that adds a little more protection to the grill and radiator than the stock guard.
    Anyway,nice job.......Digger2
    Kubota B26 TLB
    Ex Wives.....Ahhhh,the memories

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 4WD

Very nice
    Brian

2007 Kubota L3400 4WD 4L/4H/4R
    Implements: Ansung 2540 Front End Loader, Continental 5' Bronco Cutter, 6ft. Armstrong Ag Box Blade, 3-PT Quick Hitch

Tractor
    Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower

Looks great. I wish I had the talent you have and the tools. Now you have to make sides so you can get twice the amount of snow in that bucket
    Montana 4340C w/loader, AgroTrend FU78 rear snowblower with hydraulic shute rotation, Horst 48" pallet forks, 3pt. 2-bottom plow, 6ft. bush hog rotarty cutter, 3pt. Woods 7ft back blade, 3pt. cultivator, 5ft 3pt. york rake, 6' KKII tiller, JD494 4-row planter. Future attachments: backhoe, grapple

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 HST

That's a great looking job, but your blocking the view of your Kioti Killer badge

It must be nice to actually work with bright , shiny, new steel. Everything I build comes out of the scrap pile and requires a good dose of wire wheel and elbow grease to make it even presentable Maybe one of these days...
    Kubota L3400-1 HST , LA463 QA Loader, 66" Bucket, QA Forks/Bale Spear, 6' Woods RFM, 6' Woods BB, 5' KK Disc, 5' Bush Hog RC

Tractor

Thanks guys. Glad you like it. When I curl the bucket back now I'll have some protection from meterial falling off the back top side of it. You guys got some good ideas. See through mesh would be good as well for your application. I try and use new steel where I can. If I use old stuff I got to either sandblast it or sand it and that takes time so I try and use new to save time. JDeerekid thats a very nice looking tractor in your avatar. I've never seen one around these parts like that. Thanks for posting guys!

Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Nice job. Material falling on the hood is always a pain.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

That's a darn good idea, I may have to copy your design. Hope you don't mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast