bucket mod

/ bucket mod
That's a darn good idea, I may have to copy your design. Hope you don't mind.

Go for it my friend. Glad you liked it. It's funny because folks walk right by the bucket and don't even notice it was modified. Ideas is why we post on here so that it might help others.

/ bucket mod #12  
Thanks guys. Glad you like it. When I curl the bucket back now I'll have some protection from meterial falling off the back top side of it. You guys got some good ideas. See through mesh would be good as well for your application. I try and use new steel where I can. If I use old stuff I got to either sandblast it or sand it and that takes time so I try and use new to save time. JDeerekid thats a very nice looking tractor in your avatar. I've never seen one around these parts like that. Thanks for posting guys!

Thanks 4shorts, It is a Montana 4340C with the king kutter tiller on it playing in a field that is a little to muddy. I always wanted a deere but could never afford one so this is what I got after years of research. I would have like to go a littl bigger but funds didnt let me. Glad you liked it.

/ bucket mod #14  
I had a chance to test out my bucket mod this last weekend. Did a lot of bush-hogging, and found a couple dead elms had blown across one of my lanes.

The extra foot of 2" steel/expanded mesh worked great to help lift and push the trees off to the side. The trunks were 16-20" in diameter, and the limbs went in every direction. It really helped protect the front of the tractor from stray limbs, etc.

I wish I could post pictures. A bolt-on toothbar will be next...

/ bucket mod #15  
A tooth bar is about 1 of the best things you can add to you loader bucket. Aside from the increased digging ability the most valuable thing it does is add incredible strength to the lower edge of the bucket.

/ bucket mod
A tooth bar is about 1 of the best things you can add to you loader bucket. Aside from the increased digging ability the most valuable thing it does is add incredible strength to the lower edge of the bucket.

You could be right but in my case only using the tractor for snow clearing the tooth bar would be brutal on pavment :D

/ bucket mod #17  
I copied this from a post I made a while back describing the one I made.
When I went back to the old post the picture was gone. If you like I can take another one tomorrow to show you.

Not long after I got my tractor my son was carrying a small stump a little to high with the front end loader. he backed up, stopped and the stump hit the grill. I told him about always carrying loads low to the ground but also decided I needed a brush guard. After looking at some on here and pricing some new ones I decided to make one. I kept it pretty simple. I bought a 20 foot stick of 1/4 x 2 inch flat bar for $20 deliverd to where I work. We basically built a rectanular frame and welded it to an old piece of 1/4 x 6 inch flat bar that we bolted to the front of the tractor. We then bent a small radius in the top piece. It was pretty close tolerence between the loader cross bar stiffner one side and the hood on the other but they both clear it just fine.