Homemade quick attach

/ Homemade quick attach #92  
The bushing I cut from that same DOM wouldnt slide on my loader pins that were exactly 1.25". What I ended up doing was taking a sawzall and slicing the DOM bushing and I used a screw driver to pry open the DOM enough to slide over the loader pins and which I tacked in place.

That's a good suggestion, and I like that it will save me the need to purchase a reamer. Either the factory pins will fit into a piece of 1" ID DOM tubing, or they will just barely not fit, and I'll open them up like you suggest. I hope the former. That would be real convenient. I am thinking that, in lieu of a reamer, I might-could chuck the tubing up on a drill press and put some sandpaper on the inside of it to take a few thousandths off. That kind of works better if you're working on the outside compared to the inside, but it might be worth a go.

Here's another nice video I found of someone discussing a similar repair.

/ Homemade quick attach #93  
The video by mars1952 shows a nice job of repairing worn holes and the reason for boss' on both ends of the pins, the kubota design is better in that way.
I hope to try and build the QA adapter for myself soon following some of the designs and ideas in this thread, thanks for all the good info to follow along.
I priced all the materials from a few of the online metals suppliers and looks like about $90 for the materials with shipping about $120-$130 so that should save about $200 over buying from kubota and should be a fun project to tackle.

/ Homemade quick attach #94  
I called a local steel supplier, and they said they didn't have anything like DOM tubing. Apparently, it is a specialty item. They suggested one local specialty metals supplier, who isn't answering their phone, so I think I'm going to have to end up ordering online. It's a shame to pay shipping for steel, but what can you do?

the kubota design is better in that way.

Likewise, the bucket on my Bobcat has bosses on both sides of the ears. On the inside, there is approximately a 2" tube that encloses the pin, through which a retaining bolt runs. On the outside, there is approximately 1/4" of additional tubing extending out of the 1/4" side plate, for a total of about 1/2" of bearing surface.

/ Homemade quick attach #95  
I called a local steel supplier, and they said they didn't have anything like DOM tubing. Apparently, it is a specialty item. They suggested one local specialty metals supplier, who isn't answering their phone, so I think I'm going to have to end up ordering online. It's a shame to pay shipping for steel, but what can you do?

Likewise, the bucket on my Bobcat has bosses on both sides of the ears. On the inside, there is approximately a 2" tube that encloses the pin, through which a retaining bolt runs. On the outside, there is approximately 1/4" of additional tubing extending out of the 1/4" side plate, for a total of about 1/2" of bearing surface.

Might be cheaper to pay a local machine shop to make the pieces you need, it's worth asking if you have one available. That way you get exactly the size you need with no guesswork.

Sean

/ Homemade quick attach #96  

Joshua, You can order those bushings from Bobcat, they sell then to repair the SSQA Bobtach if needed. The inner one may be a little longer than needed but could cut to length. Part numbers are; 7187469 for the inner with pin retainer hole, and 7181392 for the outer oner. 2 of each should be around $15 - $20.

/ Homemade quick attach #97  
Joshua, You can order those bushings from Bobcat, they sell then to repair the SSQA Bobtach if needed. The inner one may be a little longer than needed but could cut to length. Part numbers are; 7187469 for the inner with pin retainer hole, and 7181392 for the outer oner. 2 of each should be around $15 - $20.

SSdoxie, you are my savior. As much as I love DIY, in a case like this, I think the right diameter is paramount. That's pretty close in price to the DOM really.

/ Homemade quick attach #98  
SSdoxie, you are my savior. As much as I love DIY, in a case like this, I think the right diameter is paramount. That's pretty close in price to the DOM really.

Just realized there is a typo in the first part number listed. Correct number is 7187460 (not 69).

/ Homemade quick attach
The only reason I made mine from 1/4" was due to clearances and what I had lying around. If you could use 3/8 you could avoid all this crap. The design of your loader/ bucket may change the way you build it.

/ Homemade quick attach #100  
The only reason I made mine from 1/4" was due to clearances and what I had lying around. If you could use 3/8 you could avoid all this crap. The design of your loader/ bucket may change the way you build it.

The existing ears are made of 1/4", but there is enough clearance on the pin bosses that I think everything should work out okay. The smallest of the pin bosses still has a total width (including the side-plate's thickness) of 1/2". What I think I will do is bevel the pin boss, then cut a hole in the side-plate the OD of the pin boss, then insert the pin boss flush with the inside face of the side plate. That will keep the distance between the ends of the pin bosses the same while allowing the side walls to be thicker. I plan to mock up a few side-plates out of wood, to ensure that I'm getting the center-to-center spacing of the holes correct.