Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,022
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Baja Designs Light Comparison

    I took some pictures show the difference between 1 Baja deigns Squadron LED light and the lights on the kubota BX2360 and the L4240. For the comparison I temporarily hooked the light to a 12v power port adapter so I could hook it into the 12v power port on the tractors. Both of tractors were running for the comparison so the lights were getting the same voltage. I used a digital camera for the pictures. It is very hard to take pictures of lights, all of the lights are brighter than what the picture shows but you can tell the difference.

    Here is the BX2360 with the headlights on and the Chinease LED worklights that I added.





    Now the Baja Designs Light. I held it right next to the right work light for a fair comparison.





    Here are some pics of the baja light at a different angle. I did have the headlights on but you really can't tell because the Baja Designs Light is so much more powerful.





    Here is the L4240 with just the headlight on High beam, the loader blocks the light quite a bit.



    High beam head lights and the 2 factory work lights.



    I held the Baja light right beside the factory work lights.



    Here is a pic with it angled a little differently.



    In summary 1 Baja Designs Sqaudron light is brighter than all of the lights on either tractor.

  2. #2
    Super Member Scooby074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,415
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

    Default Re: Baja Designs Light Comparison

    Good comparison.

    And I completely believe that the Baja is brighter than all the lights combined! I know the LED's I added are significantly brighter, and they aren't even a top brand.

    I plan on doing a comparison between my "decent" but Taiwanese 1000 Lumen LED's and the Baja I won, as soon as it arrives.

  3. #3
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,022
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Good comparison.

    And I completely believe that the Baja is brighter than all the lights combined! I know the LED's I added are significantly brighter, and they aren't even a top brand.

    I plan on doing a comparison between my "decent" but Taiwanese 1000 Lumen LED's and the Baja I won, as soon as it arrives.
    Thanks. The Baja lights are really nice, you will be impressed.

  4. #4
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,177
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: Baja Designs Light Comparison

    Great comparison pics, Roger. Pretty amazing difference.
    ____
    Jay

  5. #5
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,022
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    Great comparison pics, Roger. Pretty amazing difference.
    Thanks, it is hard to believe that one little light has more output than 4 lights.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Kernopelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,766
    Location
    Carterville, Illinois
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

    Default Re: Baja Designs Light Comparison

    Very nice. I have seen a number of their dirt bike designed products tested in magazines and they are very impressive. Their stuff is truly designed to perform and be treated mercilessly offroad and last. Their name says it all.....their products are designed/meant to be used in Baja desert or offroad racing conditions. Also, great job on the grapple build!

    BTW.....NICE raised beds. I have been considering going from a typical garden to raised bed gardening for a while and LIKE your setup! Not trying to derail the thread but what dimensions are your beds? Are those 6x6 corners and 2x12 sides?
    Darryl

  7. #7
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,022
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: Baja Designs Light Comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernopelli View Post
    Very nice. I have seen a number of their dirt bike designed products tested in magazines and they are very impressive. Their stuff is truly designed to perform and be treated mercilessly offroad and last. Their name says it all.....their products are designed/meant to be used in Baja desert or offroad racing conditions.
    You are right the Baja name says it all. If the lights will hold up to the Baja they should hold up really well to a tractor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernopelli View Post
    Also, great job on the grapple build!
    Thanks, it was fun to build and even more fun to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernopelli View Post
    BTW.....NICE raised beds. I have been considering going from a typical garden to raised bed gardening for a while and LIKE your setup! Not trying to derail the thread but what dimensions are your beds? Are those 6x6 corners and 2x12 sides?
    Thanks, they came from came from Home Depot. Greenes Fence 48 in. x 48 in. Cedar Raised Garden Bed-RC 4C4 at The Home Depot

Similar Threads

  1. Mid PTO designs
    By 9973720wb19 in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
  2. Designs for 3 Pt. Booms
    By gannman in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
  3. Grapple designs?
    By davesisk in forum Power Trac
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.