Ballast Box Upgrades

/ Ballast Box Upgrades #21  
Interesting idea and very flexable. I like the fork attachment. The only down side I see is the cost of weights. If you have a small tractor and use suitcase weights now it should work great.

Bill
This applies all of the load (towing) to the lower arms and check chains much better than pulling a tow load on the top link:thumbsup:

/ Ballast Box Upgrades #22  
Not sure if you guys have seen this but based on most of the talk being about flexibility, it may meet your needs with the 72# suitcase option. No affiliation with the company just have been doing a lot of research for myself. Compact Tractor Attachments & Lawn and Garden Tractor Hitches

Category1hitch-illustrated_1.jpg

I like it. I wonder if I could get something Fabricated for Suitcase Weight bar to have a one inch bar stick out so I can use my Steel weights I used to use to lift (before I go old and out of shape)

I was thinking about just getting a regular Balast Box and filling it up but I like this much better.

/ Ballast Box Upgrades #23  
I like it. I wonder if I could get something Fabricated for Suitcase Weight bar to have a one inch bar stick out so I can use my Steel weights I used to use to lift (before I go old and out of shape)
QUOTE]

How about sticking up, instead of out? Would be a real simple build. Buy, or build a 3pt receiver hitch and weld in your 1 inch bar stock on eather side of the center support.

/ Ballast Box Upgrades #24  

I was thinking about just getting a regular Balast Box and filling it up but I like this much better.

Like this?
897756.jpg 897758.jpg 897759.jpg

OMNI Counter Weight Rack - OMNI Mfg LLC

/ Ballast Box Upgrades #25  
Xfaxman, that's what I call utilizing your resources!!! And you get physical exercise loading and unloading the rack!!!! :thumbsup:

/ Ballast Box Upgrades #27  
Xfaxman - Exactly like that.

The neat thing about it is, when you don't need the weights, you can put something else in the top receiver.

I have both of these, but haven't taken any pictures of mine.
OMNI Mfg.jpg Omni GNB (Large).jpg

Here are their pictures of the bale spear they made for me.
TX Bale Spear 001 (Large).jpg TX Bale Spear 002 (Large).jpg TX Bale Spear 003 (Large).jpg