Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3800

Default Re: Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately?

Quote Originally Posted by jonyyuma View Post
    Well he is back and writing about the horse and his daughter, noticed his letter yesterday?
    Are you sure about that? His profile page still lists April 23 as his last time on the forum.

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Howdy folks. Thanks for the concern. I've been battling some serious health issues of late and have pretty much been put up on the shelf. Can't drive, have problems walking, and even struggling to see very well. (stroke , likely caused by meds for unrelated issues) I'm going to try to drop in every now and then. If things take a turn for the worse, I've instructed family to contact SouNdguy.

Appreciate EVERY day you have. The trap door can open beneath you without any warning.

Bill
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Glad to hear that you are still above ground. Hope you can work through these issues and get back to tractoring.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Farmwithjunk View Post
    Howdy folks. Thanks for the concern. I've been battling some serious health issues of late and have pretty much been put up on the shelf. Can't drive, have problems walking, and even struggling to see very well. (stroke , likely caused by meds for unrelated issues) I'm going to try to drop in every now and then. If things take a turn for the worse, I've instructed family to contact SouNdguy.

Appreciate EVERY day you have. The trap door can open beneath you without any warning.

Bill
    A stroke, eh? Yeah...had one...not as severe as yours was though...not the way you've described it.
    You have my most heartfelt sympathies...
    Now, getting back on your feet will depend a lot on your attitude. I couldn't wait to get out of that wheelchair and out of rehab. I also knew there were a lot of others in rehab that would never get out of their wheelchairs...no motivation.
    It's tough and can take a long time, but the main thing is to keep your spirits up and never let go.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    2005 TB135 Excavator with Thumb, Quick Attach System, Ripper tooth, 3' Hydrauic Tilt Clean-up Bucket, Skeleton Bucket, 1986 Kubota 4150 with Loader and Quick Attach with Woods Forks, JD B, 1963 IH 504

Good luck to you. It'll be a hard road back, but well worth the effort.
    2009 Kubota M7040, cab
    2005 Takeuchi 135 excavator
    1963 Oshkosh 4819
    2013 GMC 3500 6.0 w 9-2 Boss V Fisher poly Sander.
    IH 504, JD B, Ford 2n, Farmall cub, Gehl 1475 Round Baler, JD 640 rake, Vermeer 2500 Bale Wrapper, Zetor 185 Drum Mower, New Idea 217 manure Spreader, Kuhn 4 star tedder, Farmi 501 winch.
    Local 740 Portland ME
    20 Scottish Highland Beef Cattle, 3 Herefords, 3 Goats, 2 Alpacas, 2 Llama, 140+- layers, and lots of maple trees.
    Facebook: Phillip View Farm

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Sorry to hear that and have a pretty good idea of what you are going through; spinal cord injury then accumulated problems later in life. Though I am still able to get in my tractors, I know my time is limited. It initially took me years to get back on my feet so to speak, but with age it is all going away.

I can only echo what Roy said and completely agree with, "Appreciate EVERY day you have. The trap door can open beneath you without any warning." I worked six years past retirement so I would have the money to really "enjoy life"; four months later the trap door opened again. I am now to a point where I can do some things though greatly reduced and appreciate every day I am given.

Not that you need or want it, but you have my empathy and encouragement.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Farmwithjunk View Post

Bill
    I don't know you or have ever talked to you, but I'm thinkin' about ya
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function." -
    Prof. Al Bartlett

Any person is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts and outcomes. So one may believe as they will, but will be held accountable by the numbers for their beliefs. At the end of the day, life is a school of probability. Jesse via Jesse's Cafe Americain

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Quote Originally Posted by schoolsout View Post
    I don't know you or have ever talked to you, but I'm thinkin' about ya
    X2

Larry
    Kubota L5740 La854
    MF 35 Deluxe gas wloader...For sale

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

I sincerely wish you the best. This comes from the very bottom of my Heart and Soul. One day at a time. I am relating this to you from personal experience. One day at a time. One step forward and then another and another. Please take care.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Glad you're here FWJ. The body is a wonderful healer if you give it the chance and besides, you're still a too young not to make a comeback. You gotta give up the booze, smokin and the women and stayin out late is all. (but doctor, if I do that I have no reason to get better

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast