Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately?

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately?
Well he is back and writing about the horse and his daughter, noticed his letter yesterday?

Are you sure about that? His profile page still lists April 23 as his last time on the forum.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #12  
Howdy folks. Thanks for the concern. I've been battling some serious health issues of late and have pretty much been put up on the shelf. Can't drive, have problems walking, and even struggling to see very well. (stroke , likely caused by meds for unrelated issues) I'm going to try to drop in every now and then. If things take a turn for the worse, I've instructed family to contact SouNdguy.

Appreciate EVERY day you have. The trap door can open beneath you without any warning.

Bill

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #13  
Glad to hear that you are still above ground. Hope you can work through these issues and get back to tractoring.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #14  
Howdy folks. Thanks for the concern. I've been battling some serious health issues of late and have pretty much been put up on the shelf. Can't drive, have problems walking, and even struggling to see very well. (stroke , likely caused by meds for unrelated issues) I'm going to try to drop in every now and then. If things take a turn for the worse, I've instructed family to contact SouNdguy.

Appreciate EVERY day you have. The trap door can open beneath you without any warning.

Bill

A stroke, eh? Yeah...had one...not as severe as yours was though...not the way you've described it.
You have my most heartfelt sympathies...
Now, getting back on your feet will depend a lot on your attitude. I couldn't wait to get out of that wheelchair and out of rehab. I also knew there were a lot of others in rehab that would never get out of their wheelchairs...no motivation.
It's tough and can take a long time, but the main thing is to keep your spirits up and never let go.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #15  
Good luck to you. It'll be a hard road back, but well worth the effort.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #16  
Sorry to hear that and have a pretty good idea of what you are going through; spinal cord injury then accumulated problems later in life. Though I am still able to get in my tractors, I know my time is limited. It initially took me years to get back on my feet so to speak, but with age it is all going away.

I can only echo what Roy said and completely agree with, "Appreciate EVERY day you have. The trap door can open beneath you without any warning." I worked six years past retirement so I would have the money to really "enjoy life"; four months later the trap door opened again. I am now to a point where I can do some things though greatly reduced and appreciate every day I am given.

Not that you need or want it, but you have my empathy and encouragement.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #17  

Bill

I don't know you or have ever talked to you, but I'm thinkin' about ya

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #19  
I sincerely wish you the best. This comes from the very bottom of my Heart and Soul. One day at a time. I am relating this to you from personal experience. One day at a time. One step forward and then another and another. Please take care.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #20  
Glad you're here FWJ. The body is a wonderful healer if you give it the chance and besides, you're still a too young not to make a comeback. You gotta give up the booze, smokin and the women and stayin out late is all. (but doctor, if I do that I have no reason to get better:)