About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #591  
Love that big smile on her face! Get "On the road again"

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #592  
Great news and pictures Harvey. 👍
If you decided to come Michigan way. You can stay as long as you want. Electric, water and dump station. Do you tow a car?
Maybe we can meet up in December when we pass threw TX. Or in AZ where we will spend the winter.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #593  
Harvey, that ALL sounds great; Glenda's health and the travel plans. What kind of car (or pickup) are you going to tow behind the motorhome? And getting into the mountains where it's cooler would be great this time of year.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #594  
Harvey sounds like improvements, great! Let us know the temp in the mountains so we can drool cool. Michigan in August sounds cool also.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #595  
Harv,
I was thinking of Y'all while driving to Rebecca's house last Friday. I was wanting to ask when Y'all are getting on the road, as I knew it was in or around August! Glad to hear all is well.
Give Miss Glenda a hug for me!
hugs, Brandi

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #596  
Great news and pictures Harvey. ��
If you decided to come Michigan way. You can stay as long as you want. Electric, water and dump station. Do you tow a car?
Maybe we can meet up in December when we pass threw TX. Or in AZ where we will spend the winter.

Ron we are planning for the three weeks in August in the forest between Mormon Lake and Happy Jack Az. Then we are hoping to go to the Dakotas in September. We are hoping to visit Quartzite this January.

The invite to Michigan sounds wonderful.

We haven't decided yet on a toad. We know we want one. I personally think Lucy would be perfect. But Jane and Glenda probably won't want to even consider that option. I suspect we are going to want as small as possible because Jane has the 5.9 Cummins and the chassis is rated at 5000 lbs tow. CJ's are out because they're too much of an issue for Glenda getting in and out. I would like four wheel drive if possible and a pickup like a Toyota would be my first choice. But we will see how that shakes out.

This trip we are taking Miss Piggy (pig in a poke) the 94 Casita out west for dad to use. So we have a car rented in Flagstaff for two weeks.

The December thing sounds great. We could have a get together in north Texas and then one down at Don and Karen's area.

Last year when it was 106 here in north Texas we were enduring low eighties in the day and high forties to low fifties at night where we want to be again. It was tough. But we were tough enough.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #597  
Ron we are planning for the three weeks in August in the forest between Mormon Lake and Happy Jack Az. Then we are hoping to go to the Dakotas in September. We are hoping to visit Quartzite this January.

The invite to Michigan sounds wonderful.

We haven't decided yet on a toad. We know we want one. I personally think Lucy would be perfect. But Jane and Glenda probably won't want to even consider that option. I suspect we are going to want as small as possible because Jane has the 5.9 Cummins and the chassis is rated at 5000 lbs tow. CJ's are out because they're too much of an issue for Glenda getting in and out. I would like four wheel drive if possible and a pickup like a Toyota would be my first choice. But we will see how that shakes out.

This trip we are taking Miss Piggy (pig in a poke) the 94 Casita out west for dad to use. So we have a car rented in Flagstaff for two weeks.

The December thing sounds great. We could have a get together in north Texas and then one down at Don and Karen's area.

Last year when it was 106 here in north Texas we were enduring low eighties in the day and high forties to low fifties at night where we want to be again. It was tough. But we were tough enough.

:thumbsup:

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #598  
Harv and Glenda, thanks for sharing.

Be sure to fill up that RV with cool air to bring back.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #600  
We had our meet up with Ron and Betty friday after Thanksgiving. Folks like them is what makes TBN such a great community.

Today we got a set back of sorts. First thing this morning the nurse from the oncologist called to say our latest echocardiogram was not good. We have been running echos before each Herceptin infusion. The echos have been hovering in the middle forties. When we started there were in the middle sixties. Last Thursday was a forty. So our scheduled infusion this Thursday has been canceled. We've been scheduled another echo next week. If it is back up to the mid forties we're back on for Herceptin infusions.

A couple of months ago when the echo showed an issue common with some patients undergoing Herceptin treatments I asked the oncologist, "Herceptin is like rat poison, right? If we can't use it then we're back to a 22 with rat shot?"

"That's about it" he said. "We watch for signs of the return of the cancer and then treat that."