About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #581  
Glad Glenda is continuing to get better. More Prayers heading your way.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #582  
Harvey, hope you and Glenda hang in there. You've certainly had your share of bad luck lately, with the cancer, the storm damage, and now replacing a water heater. But at least we're glad Glenda's treatments are proceeding.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #583  
Thanks for the update Harvey. I know you both are wanting this behind you and the cool mountian air instead of August in Texas.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #584  
Harv,
Thanks for the update. I still praying for Y'all's health and also that Y'all make the trip in August. Did you get Lucy fixed up?
hugs, Brandi

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #585  
Still praying for you all. Thanks for Sharing. Glenda is a special person.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #586  
Thanks for the update Harv. You both are in our prayers. I suspect that Glenda is too stubborn to let this keep her down. I have a wife with the same quality and it can be a blessing and a curse. They need someone to act as a regulator and shut them down when they get doing too much.

Let me know if you need some help with the house/yard chores so you can focus on more important things. I'm off for the rest of the week and can lend a hand doing spring cleanups. I'm not that smart, but I can lift heavy things :)

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #587  
Thanks, y'all. We appreciate the support. As my signature says, "life is good".

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #588  
As you can see the best thing about me is doing great. She is doing good, feeling good, and looking good. Last week we met with the radiation oncologist. Oncologist was already for us to start the radiation treatments, six weeks, 28 treatments.

"No." Was Glenda's response. "You told me that I was on the cusp between it being necessary and not being necessary. I've decided that I don't want to do it. I'm just now feeling good and I don't want another two to three months of feeling bad. No."

July 7th we responded to a local ad on Craig's List about a motor home. It was local and we planned on doing what we have been doing for a couple of years now, look at it, leave with a "not in this lifetime" attitude. This time was different. Coach was older, 93 but it was clean as a whistle and the seller was the second owner, owned it fifteen years and was selling because they had bought bigger, newer, etc. We were the first and only ones to respond to the ad because we bought it before anyone else got a chance.

Glenda has expressed some frustration for a couple of years now about us not traveling as much as she would like. I like the fifth wheel and truck method we have been using but it isn't the most comfortable for her. Let's face it. She's 72 and I'm 68. If we're going to do this then we have to do it now. I applied for my social security and since the Herceptin infusions are every three weeks we plan on three weeks on the road followed by three weeks at home followed by three weeks on the road.

Glenda is NED (no evidence of disease) right now. But we are going to live like we are dying. August 2nd she will walk out of the infusion center and climb into the motor home. We will be off to the mountains of northern Arizona for a couple of weeks off grid.

The journey begins.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 265
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 264
   / About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #589  
Great report Harv
Enjoy life :)

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #590  
Thanks for the update Harv! Prayers sent and enjoy!!