FarmTrac Troubles

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,321  
I can't believe that most people are not that upset with the fact that Textron conspired with a foriegn enemy regime (Iraq) to defraud the UN in the oil for food program. They were found guility and fined millions of dollars by the US government, dispite what they have done and are doing to the remaining Farmtrac dealres. Textron won't let most dealers dust off and move forward. Yes the contracts were signed and the dealers are trying to live up to those obligations but conspiracy to turn bad farmtrac debt into good dealer debt was not planned on. They don't fight fair. So I keep talking to more dealers about the facts. It is easily in textrons ability to discount the tractors enough to get everyone out of this mess. I believe textron turned a poorly run company(farmtrac) on the verge of failing into a scandalous situation that will show once again how textron will do anything to justify a balance sheet! It will ultely be their demise.
Case

There are a bunch of US companies that made tons of blood money when we sent that jackass Paul Bremer to Iraq with containers of brand new $100 dollar bills. I'll wager VP Cheney's old employer was at the top of the food chain during that year or so of lunacy. I would try to keep an eye on the Tex-FT caper and focus on that. The other stuff is way too disturbing for general audiences.

John

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,322  
Dealers defined their goals at Tarboro. It is a matter of record within the minutes of that meeting.

A perfect win will lead to a confidentiality agreement.

Do we forfeit that win just to damage Textron?

Tim

Ole Blue----the hinges are about worn out on my mail box hope you got all that information i sent in a safe place-----since they want these dealers to sign confidentiality agreements---does that count all the documents and information that i sent you---if so i'm afraid that oil for food trade will look like peanuts compared to what it will take for me to sign a con---fident--ial--ity agreement ---then again i don't know what that word means---Do you---they will probably try to say someone is LEAKING INFORMATION----heck i can read---looks like words not leaks-----Don't go taking no long vacations cause then we will know you are either writing a good book or enjoying your confidential paycheck!!!!!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,323  
Tim,

Please clarify something...

If details regarding the Farmtrac situation should not be discussed here, how does that:

- Impact the ability to inform/educate the public?
- Bring accountability to persons/companies who've employed malicious and exploitative actions to Farmtrac dealers and their Customers?
- Apply pressure to violators through communication medium?

If this is not the forum to bring those things to light, then....
- by omission, isn't that protecting wrongdoers?
- what is left there to discuss?

(Shall everyone pander and print *nice thoughts* as Tex**on suggested, playing directly into their money-grubbing hands? )

--blueliner

Truth should always be posted --but not if it would jepordize some court case. I personally don't have any thing that would lead to a court case. The trouble a lot of the details we firmly believe in are not yet proof positive, iron clad, court witness box provable. A lot of the details because of your skill in your profession you have had before we get it. We learn more from you and redneck than we have to teach you.
The details I would like to see are that the NTZ customers have gotten together and 1) Contacted their representatives. 2) Filed a court case against the ex-officials at Farmtrac who offered the "Not even Zero" financing even though they knew Farmtrac didn't have the money to pay the money they promised. I think these items would be much easier to prove than the dumping of tractors on the dealers and proving Textron was complicit in that. This if done might keep other companies from trying to do fraudlent or "quasi" fraudlent schemes on their customers. It's not really what we can do for Farmtrac dealers--I think they have gotten away with screwing us-- I think it's more about getting it out so that no one else gets screwed, dealer or consumer, but at the same time not getting sued for liable or slander. I think we have established that it is much too dangerous to deal with a third party floor plan company. Any one who wants to take that gamble may but for me never again. If I ever sign another dealer contract it will have a clause requiring the manufacturer or distributor to provide a yearly Dunn & Bradstreet report on their company.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,324  
Just wondering for you dealers is the parts situation getting or gotten any better?? I think that I read somewhere that their are parts on the way to the USA?

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,325  
Just wondering for you dealers is the parts situation getting or gotten any better?? I think that I read somewhere that their are parts on the way to the USA?

The parts situation is about the same. I think the containers have left -- I think I heard that somewhere. The containers aren't here yet to my knowledge. So far we have been able to do a good job of sharing what we have and sourcing other parts from after market suppliers (Tisco, A&I, Sparex, Hy-Capacity etc.) and from local suppliers. We also get parts from Montana, McCormick and New Holland dealers for the LS tractors and Long. If there has been a part that we couldn't get it must have been a dealer not on the dealer only site. It seems so far that we have done a lot better job than I first thought possible. A lot of the dealers have helped farmers on this site with questions about service. That has been a good thing to come out of this mess.

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,326  
I am bothered by the term" Confidentiality Agreement"Webster defines confidence as 1.firm belief;trust;reliance 2.certainty; assurance 3.the belief another will keep a secret5. something told as a secret.

confidential-1. secret 2.of or showing confidence 3; intrusted with private matters.

confide-to trust ( in someone) esp. by sharing secrets 1.to tell about as a secret 2. to intrust.

None of the players in this senareio, the floorplan co, the tractor manufacturers, the tractor distributer, nor the ones purporting to be representing the dealers in negotiating with the first named parties, for the dealers interests have bothered to share their secrets with me nor take me into their confidence. I know of no instance where trust was shown to the dealer network.all I recall has been threats, insinuations,inticements without substance and the dangling of the proverbable carrot, in order to keep the truth out of the public domain and to keep the dealers quite.

since they have shown no confidence in me and I certainly have no confidence in them, how then is a "confidentialy agreement" to be reached?

'A perfect win" What is that??how can you have a perfect win when you have already had the c**p beat out of you??? I'll feel like a winner when all these blue tractors are off my lot and the money I have lost since january is back in my pocket.I'll feel even better if some of these crooks are in jail.

I will NOT sign any confidentiality agreement with anyone with the track record of these clowns. if you want my trust, Then EARN IT. you broke my trust the first time around and the second won't be so easy.-----Taxpayer

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,327  
I am bothered by the term" Confidentiality Agreement"Webster defines confidence as 1.firm belief;trust;reliance 2.certainty; assurance 3.the belief another will keep a secret5. something told as a secret.

confidential-1. secret 2.of or showing confidence 3; intrusted with private matters.

confide-to trust ( in someone) esp. by sharing secrets 1.to tell about as a secret 2. to intrust.

None of the players in this senareio, the floorplan co, the tractor manufacturers, the tractor distributer, nor the ones purporting to be representing the dealers in negotiating with the first named parties, for the dealers interests have bothered to share their secrets with me nor take me into their confidence. I know of no instance where trust was shown to the dealer network.all I recall has been threats, insinuations,inticements without substance and the dangling of the proverbable carrot, in order to keep the truth out of the public domain and to keep the dealers quite.

since they have shown no confidence in me and I certainly have no confidence in them, how then is a "confidentialy agreement" to be reached?

'A perfect win" What is that??how can you have a perfect win when you have already had the c**p beat out of you??? I'll feel like a winner when all these blue tractors are off my lot and the money I have lost since january is back in my pocket.I'll feel even better if some of these crooks are in jail.

I will NOT sign any confidentiality agreement with anyone with the track record of these clowns. if you want my trust, Then EARN IT. you broke my trust the first time around and the second won't be so easy.-----Taxpayer

Tim C-----has some of your "Friends" mailed Taxpayer a check yet!!!!a little grease goes a long ways----except with people that have morals and principals so save your stamp----don't think no amout of money will keep taxpayer down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sue---Sue---Sue---ain't calling the hogs!!!!!!

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,328  
"And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it."

Tim

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,329  
Farm friends,

Some eye-opening posts of late. I'm compelled to respond. I've had to disengage and process for a few moments, so to serve our reading community better.

LONGTRMAN -- The parts capsule thing has been so long and handled so evasively that it seems more a figment -- or ruse -- than a reality. Hope I'm proven wrong but gut instincts say those literally waiting for the ship to come in will be just that.... waiting.

You're 100 percent right about banding LTZ customers together. They have failed so far... but could be PRIME MOVERS in making the situation go forward -- if they ever "sacked up" and took action.

EVERY DEALER NEEDS TO SOLICIT THE COOPERATION OF (and keep track of) EVERY LTZ CUSTOMER to:
- contact your Representatives
- contact your Senators
- contact the FBI fraud division

RNF -- Palm grease, eh? Colored green, by chance. About 2 percent worth? Even a scribe knows what being sold out is about.

The only thing I'm hoping to hit my palm is some of the motherlode of info letters you --errrr, some anonymous person-- is going to share with me.

Yes... I'm in the process of writing that good book you're referring to.

TAXMAN -- You have every right to pop your cork... and feel betrayed. Confidentiality agreement? In the words of a typical Long Islander, I'd respond to that by saying, "we don't need no stinkin' confidentiality agreement!"

This is the first that such a thing has been mentioned... and with more than 500 hrs of sniffing up the backend and down the trail of everything I possibly can, it's not as though I'm a newcomer.

If folks like RNF, TAX, SESS, LONG and this writer did not hear about it previously, it's easy to believe this was not an accident or oversite. Think about it, folks!

Why would anyone need a confidentially agreement to address mainstream issues UNLESS SOMETHING ILLEGITIMATE WAS GOING DOWN?

It's fishy -- like Pike's Market.

And why would anyone remove the dealer's greatest asset -- media pressure that creates public scrutiny/accountability -- and protect major players?

Taxman, it just doesn't add up.

TIM C. -- Melville's epic places Moby Dick as the symbolic antagonist and Ishmael's ferocity from a devoured leg, compliments of the great white whale. In the analogy previously used, only the second portion has accuracy -- as customers and retailers have most certainly had a leg (more in many cases) gnarled off.

The bredth and depth of the ocean that holds FNA participants is also vast, e-mail or no.

If more of the Ishmael-eans had elected not to cower, but to respond with with same fire and resolute as their namesake, the situation would've moved along quicker and more favorably.

Unlike Starbuck, I'm hoping to momentarily quell a fear- and confusion-laden paralysis of some of my boatmates so they'll become effective enough to work toward the mission. Fortunately, we have some Ahabs, too.

...and I'm not sea sick enough to notice that you addressed none of my past questions.

--b

/ FarmTrac Troubles #1,330  
Ole Blue---put your law thinking hat on--since most of that information that you found in your mailbox was notarized---we won't need the dealers to testify in court they can sign all the agreements they want---we just have the legal beavers call the notaries to the stand----ain't they almost officers of the court---they wouldn't lie under oath----- Dang I like this cat and mouse game they are playing-----ain't had time to read bout no whale---we are still dodging hurricanes---wish "someone" would put up that blue hurricane wall "in central Florida" and keep them out the GULF!!!! Does Textron own stock in a hurricane factory!!!!!! or just some of their favorite employee's----employee's make the company or break it-----been watching for some half price helicopters on EBay---government issue-----Love you Tim C just wish you would get back on the winning team!!!!!!!!!!!oops!!!here comes the judge!!!!!