my winter project

/ my winter project #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
late 57 950.. originally on lp gas.. been converted to gasolene .. rought but has a future.. :)

Attachments

• 950atpurchase.jpg
    950atpurchase.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 431
   / my winter project #2  
I don't know what it is but I love the look of that old ford.

/ my winter project #3  
Looks like great rubber on the back... the fronts look like the old military jeep tires.

/ my winter project #4  
Looks like backing that tricycle off of the trailer could get real interesting.:D

/ my winter project #5  
Soon to be another gem for the collection. :)
Updates will be most interesting.

/ my winter project #6  
Won't take him long to have it looking like the rest of the collection:thumbsup:

/ my winter project
well. today started out as easy stuff.. new rad cap, change out the block petcock.. ( one I had from tsc wasn't drilled thru.. so that's a bummer.. ).. decided to go ahead and do all fluid changes, since I needed to pull the pto shaft out and rebuild it anyway.

drained all sumps.. had the usual troubles getting out most of the drain, and level check plugs... was expected.. :)

no sumps had water in them.. that's a good sign.

then i got to the front pedistal.. looks like someone broke off a 1/4" extension or some other hard square tool in the plug.. tried spinning it out with a chissle.. finally got out the welder and tried to weld a nut over it.. that didn't work.. or at least not as intended. didn't slin the old plug out.. but did destroy the temper int he hard tool steel in what was in the plug center, so then I started drilling it out.. tried lefty's.. no luck though.. eventually got it as big as I could, then used a drill and pipe tap and just ran new threads in and put in a new plug with inverted alan.. PITA

lets see.. so far today I think I drilled out about a dozen broke off bolts.. what a major PITA.. every other fastener I go to touch is missine with a stump of a bolt in there.. :(

pulled the ROR seat off.. it need welding on a small bracket that cracked.. fixed that.. finished getting the fenders off too.

replaced some pins inthe 3pt linkage as well.

had a spare pto I rebuilt from my 740 on the shelf so slipped that one in.. it is the longer 1 3/8 style not the stubby. I had a new seal and all so went ahead and rebuilt this pto shaft and now have it as spare on the shelf..

tired now...

/ my winter project #8  
Nice, there is a lot of potential there. Are you going to convert it back to lp?

/ my winter project #9  
late 57 950.. originally on lp gas.. been converted to gasolene .. rought but has a future.. :)

Lookin' good SG. Where did you find this one?

/ my winter project
Nice, there is a lot of potential there. Are you going to convert it back to lp?

would cost too much $$ at this point to go back to lpg.. so am leaving it gasolene. found some straight tins and a new gas tank and bat box from some guys I know. once I get thos parts I'll start putting her back together..

soundguy