Ford YT16

/ Ford YT16 #41  
Hello, in an effort to eliminate the belt as the issue, I purchased a new 48 in belt and installed it as it's installed in the diasgram above. That did not resolve the issue as I am still not having any luck getting the deck blades to move for any period of time. With the new belt, as soon as I flip the PTO switch the blades move about one revolution before the mower shuts off. Is it possible that I have the wrong size deck belt and it's too tight? The deck belt I installed after the original one broke is 5/8 x 96".

/ Ford YT16 #42  
My YT18 Ford tractor with the 48" mower deck calls for a 5/8" X 48" belt. Do you have the tension spring hooked to the tension pulley bracket and also to the slot in the Mower deck?

/ Ford YT16 #43  
My YT18 Ford tractor with the 48" mower deck calls for a 5/8" X 48" belt. Do you have the tension spring hooked to the tension pulley bracket and also to the slot in the Mower deck?

Yes, the tension spring is attached to both the tension pulley bracket and the mower. In the previous post I inquired about the deck belt and whether it could be the source of the issue if it's too tight. I replaced the original broken belt with a 5/8 x 96 belt.
Lol, actually that was the original issue, as soon as I got it home the dck belt broke and I ne

/ Ford YT16 #44  
View attachment 319483

I am attaching a diagram from my manual look at it and see if the mower decks are the same. I would think a 96" Belt would be for the Blade pulleys. I know that mine uses the 5/8" X 48" from the engine pulley to the blade drive pulley. I changed mine last week. If you could post a photo of your deck it would help.

/ Ford YT16 #45  
Thanks for the patience and sorry for the confusion, I am obviously using the wrong lingo. In ref to the 5/8 x 96 inch, I was talking about the one onwith the blade pulleys. Thus far I've installed two new belts, a 5/8 x 48 one that I installed on the mower and the 5/8 x 96 belt that I installed on the blade pulleys. Will send photos of the dec and mower tomorrow.

/ Ford YT16 #47  
Hello 1985 Eagle, I finally resolved the issue with the mower blades not turning on my YT16 when I flip the PTO switch. Apparently one the deck spindles was locked up due to bad bearings, despite being able to move them earlier with my hand. I went to the local Tractor Supply store, picked up a new spindle, installed it, and now I'm good to go. I included a photo of the deck that includes the new spindle, if I had been able to find the others spindles, I would've replaced them all.

All the rumors about it's cutting prowess were correct, it provides a very smooth cut, which rival that of my JD 455AWS. BTW, I got the thing fixed, cut grass for about 30 minutes, and then it started raining. Bummer!!

Thanks for all the help. I now need to tackle the brakes/clutch, as it not stoppping the mower as it's coming down a hill. Then I will address the lights, at the moment they don't turn on.

Attachments

• 1370201265601.jpg
    1370201265601.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2,999
   / Ford YT16 #50  
I found a YT16 with no deck for $250, in decent shape, I just sold my MF1855 and bought a smaller 18 h.p. Wizard garden tractor, similar to the Craftsman GT6000 of the 90's. I was thinking of buying the Ford as it's a bit longer wheelbase than the AYP/Wizard and appears more heavy duty. I'm going to look at it and see what I find. It would be a utility tractor and no need for a deck.