Ford YT16

/ Ford YT16 #51  
It's a very sturdy little tractor and seems to have ample power to pull attachments, so far my only issue has been that it needs a little more weight in the rear end, I find myself having to lean to one side or another to climb hills.

/ Ford YT16 #52  
Is it possible to post a close-up picture of the idler pulley tension spring installation? I inherited a YT 16 from my neighbor and it's missing the spring. Assuming that I can find one, how is it installed? There is nothing obvious for it to hook on to. HELP!?

/ Ford YT16 #53  
Hi sure, I can post a picture later this evening. The spring is installed via the two hooks on the spring, one goes into a little slot in the frame of the mower deck and the other connects to a little notch under the pulley. Sorry it took so long to get back with you, I was really busy at work and was coming home after dark.

/ Ford YT16 #54  
Hi sure, I can post a picture later this evening. The spring is installed via the two hooks on the spring, one goes into a little slot in the frame of the mower deck and the other connects to a little notch under the pulley. Sorry it took so long to get back with you, I was really busy at work and was coming home after dark.

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

/ Ford YT16 #55  
Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Attached are a few photos of the spring attached to the mower deck and the underside of the pulley.

Attachments

• P1010293.jpg
    P1010293.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 406
  • P1010294.jpg
    P1010294.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 373
  • P1010296.jpg
    P1010296.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 390
   / Ford YT16 #57  
Is anyone familar with the YT16 transmission? I finished cutting grass yesterday, turned it off to clean it but when I turned it back on and put it in gear it wouldn't move. I tried all of the the gears, any thoughts as to what it be?
I was gonna check the transmission fluid but didn's see where I coud check it. Weird how it was running and cutting fine but suddenly won't move.

/ Ford YT16 #58  
Hi, I own a YT 16 H. I bought it new back in 1990. It has been a reliable, great running mower for me over the years. Recently the left hand spindle broke and I am searching for a replacement part. I know one must exist somewhere. Can anyone help me out ?

/ Ford YT16 #59  
Hi,
A few months ago I had to replace one of my spindles because the bearings were bad. I removed the spindle and matched it with one at my local Tractor Supply store. Good luck and hope you're able to find a replacement.

/ Ford YT16 #60  
I need to replace the blade drive belt for my 48" mower deck. I went to my New Holland dealer and got the correct belt. I can't get it on. It seems too short. I have it on the drive pulley and around the reversed pulley (whatever that is called) and then the long distance to the last pulley but it just barely goes over the nut let alone the pulley itself. And yes I have it in the correct order. Is there a trick to putting this on?