Advice on a New String Trimmer

/ Advice on a New String Trimmer #21  
I have had the mid range Honda 4 stroke Trimmer for about 5 years now, only thing I do is change the oil, add gas, replace line. I spend between 1 and 1.5 hrs a week with it. I often put the blade on it for a few weeks in the spring and fall, string for the rest of the year. I just checked the Honda website, it was their mid range, it is now their bottom of the line 25cc Trimmer. I do sometimes wish it had a touch more power. The other issue I have with it... it seems to run forever on a tank of gas. My old 2 stroker I would WW until the WW'er ran out of fuel, then I would call it quits for the day. Now I run out of fuel before the WW'er does. :)

/ Advice on a New String Trimmer #22  
I have had a Stihl straight shaft, high end homeowners (FS74)
fine trimmer, works good, starts, easy to deal with head, etc.

Last year more and more people ask for trimming while bushhogging (bleech, but it's cash) so fine, we need a bigger one, with a blade.
Well, as you may or may not know, you can't get a blade in a low end model. You have to get the big U bars with a harness (so you can't cut your feet off I suppose)

Well, we ended up with this: FS250R (one on the right)
FS250_both.gif

the thing is a BEAST
I rarely use the cutting heads, but with string, things that bog a normal trimmer down, this just powers thru. I have never had to actually "floor it", it just powers thru. It makes it go MUCH faster.

Also, the big harness is mighty comfortable. Your back and legs is taking the weight. You don't get that tingly feeling in your hands and just away you go for a couple hours.

Bigger is definately better in this case. If you are just doing a usual lawn, eh, no real reason. But some big grass/weeds around the barn, fence lines, totally worth it.
Just thought I would throw that out there. Even my wife can be on it for a few hours at a time. It was about $500, but it pays it back in time saved.