Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #41  
Hey Guy's, just wanted to let you know I actually took the plunge and bought one of the Ravens from Lowes about a month ago. I love it. Yes, it has a few bugs that need to be worked out, like any new product, but it seems pretty solid. I bought it to use at my remote cabin property in the mountains. Problems I've had so far. The 12 volt battery has something draining it's power in during down time. Raven is sending me a diode so I can fix it. The seat switch lever is too flimsy. Again they are sending me a new and improved version to replace the weak one. The positives. This thing is awesome. It has a two speed rear end, so I can drop the mowing deck and use it as a ATV. The factory tires are typical lawn and garden types, so I ordered some decent ATV tires a few sizes bigger and installed on the rear, plus I fabricated a mount on the front and installed a winch. Yeah it has a few bugs, but I am reasonably handy with a wrench and meter, heck I built a towable back hoe last year and it works great, so I figured the Raven would not be a huge undertaking. Hope this helps answer some questions you may have. Raven big tire.JPG

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #42  
Those new rear tires are a big improvement.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #43  
Thanks, I wanted something that would traverse the woods around the cabin while pulling a cart full of fire wood. I put a winch on it just in case I get it stuck.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #44  
Heres a pic of the winch install.DSCF0169.jpg

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #45  
Hey Guy's, just wanted to let you know I actually took the plunge and bought one of the Ravens from Lowes about a month ago. I love it. Yes, it has a few bugs that need to be worked out, like any new product, but it seems pretty solid. I bought it to use at my remote cabin property in the mountains. Problems I've had so far. The 12 volt battery has something draining it's power in during down time. Raven is sending me a diode so I can fix it. The seat switch lever is too flimsy. Again they are sending me a new and improved version to replace the weak one. The positives. This thing is awesome. It has a two speed rear end, so I can drop the mowing deck and use it as a ATV. The factory tires are typical lawn and garden types, so I ordered some decent ATV tires a few sizes bigger and installed on the rear, plus I fabricated a mount on the front and installed a winch. Yeah it has a few bugs, but I am reasonably handy with a wrench and meter, heck I built a towable back hoe last year and it works great, so I figured the Raven would not be a huge undertaking. Hope this helps answer some questions you may have.View attachment 309992

peavey, this is great. I've been intrigued by the Raven from the moment I say the video. I've needed a riding mower for over 20 years, but never bought one because I knew my terrain would tear it up. The Raven, however, has the suspension to handle my needs. I'll no longer have to walk as much.

The Raven will take over some of the areas I am currently maintaining with my DR field and brush mower, my Neuton mower, and my Bush Hog. The one thing I'm wondering about is how much does the larger rear tire change the angle of the mower deck? I'll try out the stock tires and see how they work around here. I think I should be fine.

Was your delivered by truck, or did you pick it up at the store? Did you buy any attachments? Are you a veteran, and did you get 10% off?

Nice job on the winch mount. Have fun, and be safe.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #46  
How does it run in electric mode?
Is it correct that the generator is only 120v for now? My father in law would probbaly be interested in one, but I would want it to have the option of 240v so we could run the house or a large welder out back with it if needed.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #47  
I actually took the plunge and bought one of the Ravens from Lowes about a month ago.

The factory tires are typical lawn and garden types, so I ordered some decent ATV tires a few sizes bigger and installed on the rear, plus I fabricated a mount on the front and installed a winch. Yeah it has a few bugs, but I am reasonably handy with a wrench and meter, heck I built a towable back hoe last year and it works great, so I figured the Raven would not be a huge undertaking.
View attachment 309992

Where is the aluminum framed Front End Loader, rear 3 Pt hitch, rear PTO, and mini backhoe attachment for the Raven?

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #48  
How does it run in electric mode?
Is it correct that the generator is only 120v for now? My father in law would probbaly be interested in one, but I would want it to have the option of 240v so we could run the house or a large welder out back with it if needed.
Aaron Z

The specs don't show much.
It just says 5 AC outputs and 1 DC 12V output.

Looking at the photos on the Lowes site:
Shop Raven 46-in Hybrid Riding Lawn Mower at Lowes.com
RavenPowerPanel.jpg

It appears to have 2 duplex outlets and 1 simplex outlet, all with separate fuses/breakers.

One can assume that each outlet has a 20A breaker, for 60A total, or 7200VA (just over the rated 6500W).

However, that seems to be a lot of 120V power without a 240V option.

And, not even a 30A, 120V RV type socket.

It is possible that the plugs are wired with opposite phase to effectively give 220V, but I find it doubtful.

I have welded through a 120V/240V transformer before, but that would be an extra chunk of steel to carry around.

I suppose I'm looking for a good generator, but for 6500W, I would also like to see the 220V (30 or 40A) and perahps 30A 110V options.

I agree, perhaps one should wait for some of the bugs to get worked out.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #49  
The angle of the deck can be adjusted by in a few minutes to accomodate the larger rear tires. I picked up the mower from Lowes and yes they gave me a 10% discount because I am a Iraq war vet. No attachments yet, the Raven site say's they will be available in April.

/ Anybody got one of these yet? Raven mower. #50  
Aczlan,
To run in all electric mode you just get on the machine and turn the key to the battery symbol, release the break and select forward or reverse and press the pedal. The specs suggest it will last approximately 1 hour on the battery without running the engine. And yes, there are only 120 volt outlets on the generator, with the exception of a 12 volt dc outlet (cigerete outlet), and a 48 volt recepticle for plugging in a optional 48 volt d/c charger.