Video of my Dozer in action

/ Video of my Dozer in action #11  
That's cool, next time have her get a shot of the operator!

Actually, if the truth be told, Steph is driving the dozer and Eddy is taking the video. :)

/ Video of my Dozer in action #12  
Eddie, when you are end dozing like that you should leave some dips and hollows in the dozed path so you can stay awake!:D:D

/ Video of my Dozer in action #13  
Thanks Eddie, really fun to watch! Guess you found the replacement fan!

/ Video of my Dozer in action
Video number 5

This one shows a very full load of dirt.

YouTube - Case 1550 Dozer

From the seat, all I can tell is when the dirt starts to come over the top and out the sides. Seeing it on the video is totally new to me and kind of a suprise as to how much dirt I'm moving. My book says the blade is rated for 3 yards.

Eddie

Rob,

I'm in there someplace. When I asked Steph to take the video clips, I told her that what I was hoping to see was dirt moving, being cut, falling off the blade and some closeups of the tracs.

Not to take anything of me sitting in the seat with a stupid grin on my face!! LOL

Jay,

Thank you. She took about two dozen video clips, but some are shakey, others are just kind of practice, and a few are copies of others that I thought were better.

I'm posting ten video clips on YouTube. It seems to take about three hours to upload each one, so I'm doing it before I leave or go to bed.

Egon,

Thank you. The clips are deceiving. It makes it look better on the ground then it really is. I spent 17 hours on the dozer over the weekend, plus prep time, and still had to stop because it got dark out. I need a few more hours to make it really pretty.

Moss,

It's a 1988 Case 1550 Dozer that's comparable to a Cat D6 of the time. Cat has so many variations of the D6, that this one falls behind in the power comparison on the newer ones. The engine is a Cummins 8.3 turbo that puts out 169hp. The dozer weighs about 40,000 pounds and the blade is 12 feet wide. It's called an 8 way blade since the blade itself also tilts forward and backward to help with cutting or finish work.

Flathead,

I've spent more then just a few hours on YouTube watching videos of tractors and construction equipment. Some of them have given me ideas and techniques that I didn't know about. Others are just plain fun to watch. Especially when there's nothing on TV, or we're watching something with the kids.

Frank,

I try to get her to drive it, but she refuses. We went for a ride together in it and she took over for awhile while I sat on the tanks behind the seat. It was very uncomfortable, but at least she got to give it a try that way. She even took out a few trees!!!!

Wayne,

Yes, I found a salvage yard in Florida that had three 1550's in their yard. For just $350 plus shipping, I was able to buy a used fan.

Eddie

Video number 6.

I push over an old, dead tree that's in the middle of where my road needs to go.

Eddie

/ Video of my Dozer in action #17  
That's cool stuff, very cool.

Meadowlark,

Thanks. Have you ever seen your dozer in operation from the front end? I know that I was suprised to see what happens while it's working!!!!

Here's video number 6.

I'm pushing that tree off of the road.

Eddie

Looks like counting single digits is beyond my education level!! That last video should have said number 7. OOPS!!!

Here is video number 8.

This is after the tree is out of the way, and I take out a small tree that was behind the big one. Quick and easy.

Eddie

/ Video of my Dozer in action #20  
You have to listen to your own videos on a system with a sub woofer. It sounds really nice... tree branches crackling, low growl from the engine. I think I can hear the turbo spinning, too. Turn it up loud! :D