Tractor shed finished (finally)

/ Tractor shed finished (finally) #1  

flusher

Tractor
Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.
Started this 20x28 ft shed last Sept. Got the final trim pieces installed today. It's a basic pole frame design--two 14x20 ft bays, 10ft roof height dropping to 9ft on the East side. Roof and siding is 29 ga R-panel. A simple one-man construction project. That's my 1951 Farmall Super A inside for scale. Figure I have about $3500 in materials invested.

DSCF0090Small.jpg

DSCF0094Small.jpg

DSCF0098Small.jpg

Need to order another piece of trim to fix up the gaps near the top of the two verticals on the West side. I'll add this to the materials list for another one of these sheds that I'll build adjacent to this one next Spring. Plan to shed my MF-124 baler and my Minneapolis Moline P3-6 grain drill in this one.

/ Tractor shed finished (finally) #2  
Great job, Flusher!
The quality is always evident in the details. Looks really well finished! Would love to have this for the horses loafing shed in the back pasture. Congrats on a fine looking shed!

/ Tractor shed finished (finally) #3  
Excellent job.

Inspiring... just what I need to build next spring.
Why so high? Are you going to add large shelves in rear and stack stuff?

Lloyd

/ Tractor shed finished (finally)
Excellent job.

Inspiring... just what I need to build next spring.
Why so high? Are you going to add large shelves in rear and stack stuff?

Lloyd

Built it high to accommodate my Mahindra 5525 that's about 8-ft tall with the ROPS in the upright position.

The shed is close to my shop building that has sides 12-ft high. I made the shed 10 ft on the West side so the shop doesn't dwarf the shed.

I think a tall shed is a better long range investment--looking forward to the day when either I or my heirs put this property on the market.

Shelves are a good idea. I'll probably add them next year.

/ Tractor shed finished (finally) #7  
Super job. Im starting a 24x24 myself. Hope it comes out as good as yours. What are the roof dimensions. Front and back height?

/ Tractor shed finished (finally) #8  
Very nice job !!

/ Tractor shed finished (finally) #9  
Nice! I just finished a 14 x 40 lean-to on the side of my container and it's full already. I really like your shed and your price is very good. I don't think you could hire it done for less than double what it cost you to build.