thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor?

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #1  

tc24guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC24DA New Holland
thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor what I have now is a TC24DA with Loader and BackHoe & 60" Land pride rear finish mower with 420 hours. What is a good asking price for this setup?

I found this lightly used John Deere for $14,800 less then 200 hours at a near by dealer.

0526091409.jpg

0526091410.jpg

If I get them to put a JD front end loader on it and offer them my TLB plus $2,000. would I get laughed at?

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #2  
I can't help you with the money part of the deal, but it seems that this Deere 4310 is not significantly larger than your TC24DA. It only has six more hp.

I'm thinking that you might consider holding on to your TC since it is a known [presumably] trustworty unit, or make a make a bigger jump in tractor sizes so you're not going through this same exercise again in a year or two.

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor?
Thanks for your reply, I guess I should have stated the reason I am not happy with the 24DA is that the seat has NO suspension. When I purchased the 24 the sales person did reccomend for a few thousand more that I get the 33Da for reason I now wish I had one. Mainly bigger bucket and better seat. Also I like the Mid Mower on the 24 since I have the BackHoe I have to use a RFM and my yard has a small creek cutting diagonally across it which means I end up cutting these strange triangular shapes. and that makes life difficult with the RFM. Also most of my yard is pretty bumpy and larger tires should help (a little).

Thanks.

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #4  
Gotcha. That makes sense.

Best of luck with your shopping.

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #5  
I think I'd replace the seat.. surely it's possible? and way cheaper than a larger tractor if you don't need it.

swapping to a tractor that is so close to the same size will likely mean you take a bath in equity...

soundguy

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #6  
I think I'd replace the seat.. surely it's possible? and way cheaper than a larger tractor if you don't need it.

swapping to a tractor that is so close to the same size will likely mean you take a bath in equity...

soundguy

I agree. Good aftermarket suspension seats can be had for $200 to 500, Sell the MMM and get a rear mount. Lots of good rear mounts on market. Probably make money.

Andy

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #7  
And just remember how nice the TC24 is to your lawn. :D

Andy

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #8  
I'm just shaking my head at this "deal". Your giving up a backhoe and FEL for a tractor with just a few more hp because you don't like your seat?
Buy a foam pad and take the family on a couple REALLY nice vacations with the money you would be loosing.

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #9  
or put it in the bank! and save for the next implement!

soundguy

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #10  
If this tractor is shinier than the one you have.........BUY IT!!!!!!!