thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor?

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor?
I'm just shaking my head at this "deal". Your giving up a backhoe and FEL for a tractor with just a few more hp because you don't like your seat?
Buy a foam pad and take the family on a couple REALLY nice vacations with the money you would be loosing.

No, I would at least make them install a FEL so all I would be loosing is the BH, but I guess its not that much bigger then mine so not much would be gained other then the seat?
Thanks for the info.

I did stop at one dealer and they had suspension seats for around 2,000$

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #12  
Hope you meant 200$.. and that is still 2x what you can payfor a spring ride seat aftermarket.. I have a nice one on my ford 5000 that cost 94$

soundguy

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #13  
I'm not very happy with my seat either. I looked at a bunch of seats, but was hesitant to buy one that I had never sat on, only to find out after the fact that I didn't like it either. For quite awhile I used an outdoor seat cushion. It made a big difference, but I still got sore after half a day. While looking around on Ebay, I came across wheelchair seat cushions. There was quite a variety of them to choose from. I spent $15 on mine and couldn't be happier with it. It's quite a bit thicker then what I was using before, but it's also a different type of foam. It's just amazing at how I can mow all day long on it and never feel tired or any pain.

I agree with the others in that the trade is too small to make much of a difference. Fix the seat issue, and maybe find a different mower if you are not happy with that part of your setup.

Eddie

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #14  
Well, I will play devil's advocate here. I'm a little confused why everyone is saying that the JD 4310 is very close to the tractor you have. While it is true that the JD only has 6 more HP, if I remember correctly, it is also a larger frame size, perhaps 1000 lbs heavier, and has more than 50% more hydraulic capacity than the New Holland that you have. Isn't the 4310 the same size as the current 3000 series, or slightly larger? There have been many folks upgrade from a B series Kubota to an L, or a 2000 series to a 3000 JD, or one frame size in the New Hollands. (sorry, they have been changing model numbers so often that I've lost track),and folks here have usually thought those upgrades were worthwhile............. I guess I'm wondering why this one is different. :confused: I was thinking that the tractor you have was much closer to my B in size than the JD 4310 is.

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor? #15  
I agree. Good aftermarket suspension seats can be had for $200 to 500, Sell the MMM and get a rear mount. Lots of good rear mounts on market. Probably make money.

Andy

I made a mistake in this post. I thought you had a MMM. In my opinion rear mounts are for real tractors and MMM are for Yuppie lawn tractors on steroids :D

Seriously I'd get a new seat and stick with what you have.

Andy

/ thinking of upgrading to a larger tractor?
Hope you meant 200$.. and that is still 2x what you can payfor a spring ride seat aftermarket.. I have a nice one on my ford 5000 that cost 94$

soundguy

No it wasn't a mistake. I couldn't believe it. they tried to sell me a non-suspension seat for 200!

Well, I will play devil's advocate here. I'm a little confused why everyone is saying that the JD 4310 is very close to the tractor you have. While it is true that the JD only has 6 more HP, if I remember correctly, it is also a larger frame size, perhaps 1000 lbs heavier, and has more than 50% more hydraulic capacity than the New Holland that you have. Isn't the 4310 the same size as the current 3000 series, or slightly larger? There have been many folks upgrade from a B series Kubota to an L, or a 2000 series to a 3000 JD, or one frame size in the New Hollands. (sorry, they have been changing model numbers so often that I've lost track),and folks here have usually thought those upgrades were worthwhile............. I guess I'm wondering why this one is different. :confused: I was thinking that the tractor you have was much closer to my B in size than the JD 4310 is.

Thats what I was thinking - Larger bucket, larger wheels, larger frame = heavier tractor.

and the stinking model # changes are enough to drive you nuts!?!

I made a mistake in this post. I thought you had a MMM. In my opinion rear mounts are for real tractors and MMM are for Yuppie lawn tractors on steroids :D

Seriously I'd get a new seat and stick with what you have.

Andy
While I agree with that for the most part. My property has a pond and is cut in half by a creek that runs diagonally across. that leaves me constantly cutting triangular patterns. I end up cutting in reverse half the time :(