B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement
Thanks for the comments Dan. It looks like the prices have gone up since I did my change-over.

Your observation about the ease of changing implements was one of the first things I noticed, and makes it one of the better changes I did on the B7610.

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #22  
The stabilizer bars you installed on your B7610 would also fit my B7800 ? The B2910 & the B7800 are mostly the same tractor so I would assume the stabizer bars would be an exact fit?

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #23  
I would like to do it on my B7800 also. Does it fit? I have a reasonably good parts department at my dealer, I hope they know /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #24  
I've done this conversion on my B2410 and there shouldn't be any reason it wouldn't work on a 7800. When you think about the cost of the parts, at Kubota's own price, less the cost of the parts that we don't want, it's really crazy that Kubota doesn't just do it for all models right from the beginning. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've done this conversion on my B2410 and there shouldn't be any reason it wouldn't work on a 7800. When you think about the cost of the parts, at Kubota's own price, less the cost of the parts that we don't want, it's really crazy that Kubota doesn't just do it for all models right from the beginning. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

It's for marketing. They need to be able to have a list of reasons/things for why you are paying more for a "feature-loaded" tractor. It it came standard on every tractor then it wouldn't be a "feature" would it. Just consider yourself fortunate that Kubota made it an easy swap. They very easily could have made it difficult to make the switch-over.

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #26  
cdaledave89 said:
Dave,

Have you used this set-up yet with your backhoe? I thought the advantage of the threaded links for the backhoe was that you could tighten them up once the backhoe was installed, making the backhoe mount very rigid. I can tell when I don't get mine snug enough - I can feel the backhoe jerking around when travelling over rough tererain.

With your new set-up, I can't see how you can tighten the hoe as much as with the threaded set-up. Holes vs. threads......

-Dave
I thought the same thing.
But after pondering how this worked there are two things going on here.

First, the previous chain system relies on both sides being under tension. If one side loosens the attachment flops around. In the case of the pin setup it works under tension and compression.

Second I couldn't understand how you could get the "distance between" correct and get the tension right -- at the same time -- either.
BUt I think what happens is that the male part of the slider has holes in different posistions (not equi-distant). The holes in the female part are also different distances apart.
So when you attach the b/h, you set one side up, swing the boom, apply pressure and then find any holes that happen to line up between the male and female portion of the sliders. If the holes are spaced right you could end up with some really tight settings. Remember, there are about 10 holes in the male and the same on the female. That means there are many female to male combinations available. If it doesn't fit in hole 1, then maybe some other hole offers the right combo to make it fit right.

My threads started getting battered right off the bat. And tightening these with the b/h plumbing lines in the way is difficult on my rig. I spend more time with the chains than the changeover.
Not having to deal with the ill-advised chain system is money and knuckles ahead in my book.

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #27  
tsterkel

Can you tell me the mimimum length on the stabilizers?

I am concidering putting them on my BX23 if i can get them to fit.

tom

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #28  
Bump for a good old thread -
The left turnbuckle on my 7610 was bent/stripped a bit.
The few times I've tried to use it it's been a royal pain, and my BH is coming soon.
So I just ordered my set.
Here's the link:
TractorSmart home page

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #29  
Thanks for that bump Newbury!!! That is one very good solution to a headache I have been battling with for years. It could really make things much easier and I thought I have to live with the original (not so good stabilizers) for years to come. This is on top of my to get list now.

/ B7610 3pt stabalizer replacement #30  
The problem I found was that a bunch of people made reference to the telescoping 3pt, telescoping lower links, etc. But none linked me back to the geminal thread with the installation instructions.